Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

gloss black..a love/hate affair

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 07:52 PM
The Ground Truth
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man I just wet it down, spray some S100, rinse, and dry with a microfiber towel. Anything else cuts into my riding time and I can't have that. Who cares about swirls, ride the damn thing!

Old 02-26-2010, 08:52 PM
FenceSC
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Gloss or denim is a personal preference. IMO I'd rather ride than rub. Its denim for me.

Attached Thumbnails gloss black..a love/hate affair-2010-02-21-002.jpg  
Old 02-26-2010, 09:37 PM
Faast Ed
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by FenceSC
Gloss or denim is a personal preference. IMO I'd rather ride than rub. Its denim for me.
One can do both.

Old 02-26-2010, 10:01 PM
mplecha
Stellar HDF Member
Received 165 Likes on 102 Posts

I used to have that problem. My bike is still the glossy black, but I've decided to wash it when I feel like it. It seems like every time I ride after I wash and wax it I get rained on. I just live with it. Dirty is ok, too. I guess...

Old 02-26-2010, 11:03 PM
toastman
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

truth of the matter is...unless you're bike is seriously filthy, YOU are the only one who notices that it hasn't been polished/waxed/buffed/shined.

pulled up to places where i hopped off the bike and all i wanted to do was grab some spray and wipe my tins down and people have come up to me and said nice bike man real clean, shines up nice...

Old 02-26-2010, 11:14 PM
mikel61101
Tourer

I bought mine to ride so if someone thinks its dirty GREAT I don't care I use pledge every so often... Besides my philosophy is this... IF ITS NICE ENOUGH TO WASH IT THEN IT SURE AS HELL IS NICE ENOUGH TO RIDE... So I'm gonna ride and worry about washing later...

Old 02-26-2010, 11:25 PM
cptdenny
Road Warrior

Received 60 Likes on 40 Posts

And here I sit wishing all this time that I had bought a gloss black Dyna from the dealer instead of my red hot sunglow, if only there was one in stock at the time.

IMO, Gloss Black is the best color that truely represents a Harley.

Old 02-27-2010, 07:04 AM
FenceSC
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Faast Ed
One can do both.
True enough. In the end, one's decision on finish and color is their own personal choice. If you like it, ride it, and screw what everyone else thinks. Let them get their own bike.

Old 02-27-2010, 08:00 AM
Derv
Tourer

Originally Posted by panic_fan
Cheers Derv!

But what the F*** is squash? [In my best Yankee drawl] Ain't that a veg-it-able??
Sorry Panic - there I go again, I forgot you guys don't play it much do you? I think there's a couple of US leagues though.

It's a game we play in England - when I say "we", I don't actually play because it requires a far higher level of fitness than I could ever be bothered to attain. You may be more familiar with the French game Jai Alai - which is played in Canada? Squash is a similar kind of thing where two players smash a ball against a big wall with rackets, smaller but similar to those used in tennis. Something like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sx-2kp5sqPg Doesn't look much 'til you try it, but believe me you need to be pretty fit to play it. A few of my friends are at quite a good level and my son plays - I've tried it once or twice but to be honest I'd rather be out riding my bike!..........My shiny black one

Sorry to hi-jack the thread, but Panic did ask

BTW - we had a guy here in the UK who covered a whole car (a Mini) in real denim a few years back, that looked kinda cool. I Wonder what a Harley would look like done in real denim - I'll bet someone's done it!

Derv

Old 02-27-2010, 09:46 AM
Faast Ed
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by toastman
truth of the matter is...unless you're bike is seriously filthy, YOU are the only one who notices that it hasn't been polished/waxed/buffed/shined.

pulled up to places where i hopped off the bike and all i wanted to do was grab some spray and wipe my tins down and people have come up to me and said nice bike man real clean, shines up nice...
Bingo! And I don't clean it for others to see from the other lane as they pass. I clean it cuz I have to look at it. True dat! No denial.
And I can't stand looking down at a swirl filled tank on a sunny day.

I do it for me.
I keep my house up for me.
I keep my lawn up for me.

Not one to bow to others.

I have a buddy that always whines about "it's for riding, not for washing", constantly giving me a hard time about keeping my bike nice.
His house is looking shabby and his weed filled lawn don't get cut very often either.
He's doing that for him. He he!

Quick Reply: gloss black..a love/hate affair