Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

gloss black..a love/hate affair

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 10:37 AM
duffy1
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

gloss it makes for a good day after a couple hours of polishing the ride to the patio bar for a beer and sit back and look at the job well done.

Old 02-25-2010, 10:46 AM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

I use this

best FN wax on the planet... got it at an auto show... is unreal.
just makes it look wet, and great protection, i have never seen anyone that has tried this sucker and not switched to it... it is unreal, you do not even have to let it dry just rub on and then right off... takes me 15 min to do the whole bike

I also own the pattent to Star glaze so i use this in between for a quick wash it is safe on EVERYTHING, windshields and all, plus has a non static so it will keep it cleaner longer. it is the liquid form of wax image 10 that porsche and mercedes benz use... my dads buddy owns that.

Old 02-25-2010, 10:51 AM
fxd650
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok, i'll bite, where can i get some star glaze.... pm me!

Originally Posted by JRK5892
I use this

just makes it look wet, and great protection, i have never seen anyone that has tried this sucker and not switched to it... it is unreal, you do not even have to let it dry just rub on and then right off... takes me 15 min to do the whole bike

I also own the pattent to Star glaze so i use this in between for a quick wash it is safe on EVERYTHING, windshields and all, plus has a non static so it will keep it cleaner longer. it is the liquid form of wax image 10 that porsche and mercedes benz use... my dads buddy owns that.

Old 02-25-2010, 10:58 AM
toastman
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

man i love my gloss black.

hit the bike with a quick detailer before taking it out to make it shine, and after most every ride i pull off the seat and the dash and wax the hell out of it.

+1 on whoever posted the meguiars swirl x...that **** takes swirl marks out like no other, really great stuff...

then i follow it up with meguiars tech wax which does a great job. i just picked up the turtle wax black box though and can't wait to go out and detail the bike using that, wana see how it is.

JRK i gotta pick up some of that wax u posted...any info on it? i love the wet look on the bike.

rounder don't paint your tins man...every bike needs love, gloss black ones just need a little more.

Old 02-25-2010, 11:02 AM
hell hound
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 128 Likes on 106 Posts

I would stay with gloss black

Old 02-25-2010, 11:02 AM
panic_fan
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lots of people tellin you to stay with gloss so I'll chime in on behalf of flat. I use window cleaner on the tins... 5 minutes and done you don't even have to dry it. Plain water also works in a pinch. I've used a wet bar towel to wash off bug crap during a "hydration stop". I like the quick clean up of the flat black. If I feel the need to fret over her I bust out the chrome polish and go to work on the rims and spokes for a few hours.

Old 02-25-2010, 11:08 AM
Gliden
Club Member
Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts

My ol Fat boy was black and a car or two....But I will say that there is nothing better than a freshly detailed BLACK anything......but a few miles later what a pain in the ***.

Personally I wouldnt buy black again....but if you have one stay on it cause they are so sweet lookin when done up....

Old 02-25-2010, 11:08 AM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

In my case, Pearl White isn't any easier to keep looking good. I know it's not very cost effective but what if you bought a 2nd set of tins and painted them however you wanted. You'd always have the original gloss black to go back to if you wanted and I'm sure you could sell the 2nd set at a minimal loss. Just thinking out loud.

I was at a swap meet in Nov. and could have bought a gorgeous Pearl White tank for my WG for $150. The guy wouldn't deal any lower and I was lacking the green he wanted by just a bit. What I'm saying is the deals are out there, so you don't have to spend a bunch of cash on tins if you can't/don't want to.

Old 02-25-2010, 11:10 AM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

PM me man i can get you out a bottle of it. as of right now it is only in optical clinics and some TV locations and computer centers... but i got cases of it at the house of course... one of the local dearships sells it out here and can nto keep it on the shelves so that is pretty cool!

Old 02-25-2010, 11:13 AM
bigdaddy33
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Bike looks awesome. So shiny it actually looks wet!

Do you have a website for the wax?

Originally Posted by JRK5892
I use this

Quick Reply: gloss black..a love/hate affair