Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SEII vs non-OEM slip ons

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 12:24 PM
Voony
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FXD2003Rider
Fred,

Here's a link to various SEII pipes from MoCo.

I could not find SEII or other exhausts for '06 models. This could be caused by the fact '06 was the first year Dyna models got injection?

Perhaps any one else could help to solve this mistery?

Images below are p/n 80104-99 and 80366-99; both will fit '95 - '05 Dyna models:

FXD2003Rider
Hi there, mind if I jump in?

Do you have the stock baffles in your SEII? I watched the video and your bike sounds good.

Below is a link of SEII with BCT Baffles. Sounds lovely.

FXD2003Rider: Just a side note, I didn't know that the SEII slip ons where the actual ones on the website...meaning: I thought there were one type of SE, and then a second one lol. Silly me...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQBuS...eature=related

Old 02-25-2010, 01:12 PM
Swamp Fox
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the SEIIs on my 03 Sporty and really liked them. As someone else mentioned, you may have some trouble finding them. If you don’t go that route you might consider some Rush exhaust. I had them on an 06 E-glide and they were very similar to the SEIIs.

Old 02-25-2010, 02:36 PM
Voony
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Swamp Fox
I had the SEIIs on my 03 Sporty and really liked them. As someone else mentioned, you may have some trouble finding them. If you don’t go that route you might consider some Rush exhaust. I had them on an 06 E-glide and they were very similar to the SEIIs.
Do you know if it's possible to change the baffles in the Rush slip on with BCT ones for example?

Old 02-25-2010, 03:08 PM
gregbenner
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I just put the new black slipons on my FXD. They are a 2010 part#.

I think I am in the minority, my idea of "that Harley sound" is not what most seem to like.

I love the soundof the SEs, and the power seems similar to the 2-1 I had (maybe a bit less, not sure) and better power than the V&H Big Radius that came on the bike (I got it used).

From what I could tell, most slipons are loud, at least as compared to stock. That seems to be what most riders want?

Old 02-25-2010, 03:12 PM
fhansen
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dpprSoup
I also wanted something a little louder, a little sharper, etc. but not break the bank. Dealer talked me into Cycle Shack slip-ons. Used them for about a month, and found out that over about an hour or so, they gave me a nasty headache, even wearing a bucket. Then went to the SE slip-ons which I should have done in the first place. A little louder than stock, with a nice deep tone IMO.
Do you remember if the Cycle Shacks were 2.5" or 3"? CS told me the 3" were quieter than the 2.5, which I guess is usually the case.

Old 02-25-2010, 03:22 PM
Slopneck
Road Master

I don't know if it's the change they made with the 2010 models or what...but I just traded my '04 Sporty in for a '10 Fat Bob. Both have the SE Slip-ons. The sound my Sporty made was much louder and much better than my Fat Bob. I have sat next to my buddy on his bone stock '08 Fat Boy and my sound is no louder or better than his.

I'm thinking about putting the BCT's in mine if I can.

Old 02-25-2010, 03:51 PM
FXD2003Rider
Administrator Emeritus
Veteran: Army
Received 876 Likes on 584 Posts

Originally Posted by Voony
Hi there, mind if I jump in?

Do you have the stock baffles in your SEII? I watched the video and your bike sounds good.
The SEII's where on the bike when I got it in 2005. I really don't know if the baffles are stock....never took them out. If the first owner didn't either I guess they should be stock.

Originally Posted by SC-Longhair
There is another part number associated with the older SEII mufflers...I'm working off my memory right now but I want to say its 80293-99a. That is turn-down style. Believe those are the only two part numbers associated but there could be one more....

....I just searched ebay and there are 2 sets available (part number 80258-99a; Baloney cut)....

Vic, you're right on the p/n's.

I did some additional searching and found this info in a 2004 Screamin'Eagle Pro Parts Catalog.

FXD2003Rider

SCREAMIN’ EAGLE® PRO II SLIP-FIT MUFFLERS – DYNA
Fit ’95-later Dyna models.
EFI models require ECM recalibration through applicable calibration cartridge or through EFI Race Tuner Kit. See EFI Race Tuner Kit fitment or calibration matrix for possible application.

Baloney Cut – Chrome 80258-99A

Slash Down – Chrome 80293-99A

Baloney Cut – Black Coated 80331-99A

Slash Down – Black Coated 80334-99A

SE PRO II+ SLIP-FIT MUFFLERS – DYNA 80299-02

Old 02-25-2010, 05:12 PM
Taddeoeg
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dpprSoup
I also wanted something a little louder, a little sharper, etc. but not break the bank. Dealer talked me into Cycle Shack slip-ons. Used them for about a month, and found out that over about an hour or so, they gave me a nasty headache, even wearing a bucket. Then went to the SE slip-ons which I should have done in the first place. A little louder than stock, with a nice deep tone IMO.
Thanks for posting. What's your bike? Are the SEs the new ones from the dealer or some of the older ones discussed in this thread?

Old 02-25-2010, 05:50 PM
dpprSoup
6th Gear

Bike is an '08 Superglide Custom, no engine mods. Bought the slip-ons last summer, so I assume they are the newer style. They look just like the slash down ones shown in the last post. Also appear to have removable baffle, but I like the way they sound now, so I haven't messed with them yet. Hope this helps.

Old 02-25-2010, 05:57 PM
07 dyna man
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

cycle shack ms-129 slip ons 160.00 american classic motors on ebay similar sound to the se IIs alot less $

Quick Reply: SEII vs non-OEM slip ons