Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SERT AND TTS Owners, I need an educated opinion...

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2010, 01:47 PM
Lil Evil
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RonnR
Lil Evil, Have you had experience with this software, or just read about it?
Looks interesting, but the info on the site is kind of vague..l
Ronn,

No, I haven't used it personally, but others on a forum I used to go to, have used it and were happy with the results. I use the TTS myself and I'm happy with my results. If I had the SERT, I would try the software, based on other peoples recommendations and the fact that it is fairly inexpensive. Just letting other people know that there are options for SERT owners. Just my .02

Todd

Old 02-28-2010, 02:47 PM
RonnR
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for your reply. I was hopeing you could tell me more..
But your right, the price almost makes it worth a try..
I'll do a little more research first tho..
Again thanks

Old 02-28-2010, 03:20 PM
patriotmc
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm a little confused. First, SERT is a fine tuner coupled with a good dyno, you will get good results. I you could get the SERT for $100 and do the dyno versus only getting the TTS and a canned map, I'd go the SERT route.

However, I thought the SERT was married to the bike. Once burned, it can't be used on another bike. Are you looking at a NEW SERT or USED? If the latter, I don't think it will work.

Old 02-28-2010, 06:41 PM
JimmysFXDC
Road Master

Originally Posted by patriotmc
I'm a little confused. First, SERT is a fine tuner coupled with a good dyno, you will get good results. I you could get the SERT for $100 and do the dyno versus only getting the TTS and a canned map, I'd go the SERT route.
With the TTS you don't need a dyno run, you do a couple of VTune runs and blend them to get a really good tune. And all that costs is a couple of gallons of gas, assuiming you have a laptop. Regardless of SERT/SEST or TTS you load a canned map and tour dyno tuner or VTune software creates the best map for your bike.

Old 03-13-2010, 03:47 PM
db2753
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have an 05 with no 02 sensors so my understanding is I can't use the V Tune. Is the can map close enough for AC, mufflers & true duals? And is this something I can do myself without being a computer nut? I've had the stuff for a month, want to do it myself but I also want it done right.
Thanks
Don

Old 03-13-2010, 06:00 PM
ColdCase
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you are worried about not being able to V-Tune, I believe the 05 can be upgraded to use O2 sensors. The parts are listed in one of the TTS manual appendix. There was someone around here that sells a kit. Not much to it, a couple O2 sensors some wire and connectors.

The TTS starter maps are better than the stock map, I ran maybe two weeks with one before I got around to V-Tuning it was pretty good. The V-Tune was noticeably better, however.

When you found this forum you demonstrated as much computer capability as you need. Its pretty easy to archive your stock map and load one of the TTS MAPs.

Old 03-20-2010, 06:13 AM
db2753
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks ColdCase, I got it done, actually my 16 year old boy did it and had it done while I was still reading the instructions. Bike runs real fine now.

Old 03-20-2010, 06:41 AM
Pardner
Cruiser

Ahh, sounds like what the original poster found was the SUPER (SEST) tuner, not the RACE (sert) which makes sense since its been a few years since the sert was marketed. So, while both tune your bike, they're not the same company. As others have said (I think), TTS is the stand alone company that evolved from sert when they split with HD. At that point, HD started using the sest which is not affiliated with TTS. As mentioned, if you had the sert you could upgrade to an autotuneable TTS product, not so with the SEST (once again, different company).

So, I have both (wanna buy a SEST?, a joke, its mated to my bike and now serve's as a shitty paperweight) and when I got it, I got the bike tuned and was handed the SEST. No software, no manual, just the silly little box that I have to take to someone else to tune. I inquired on this forum about getting software for it to no avail (I dunno, some folks said they had it but it never seemed to materialize).

After getting my bike tuned twice, I said F#$ this $hit, and got the TTS because of the autotune capabilities. Its been a good thing, cause I've changed configurations on my bike several more times which woulda required yet more tunes so its already paid for itself (did I mention not all tuners are created equal and its a project finding a good one).

One thing you might want to consider too is the Power Comander V with autotune. There are a lot of debates over which is better, TTS or PCV, I think primaryly because TTS uses narrow band sensors (stock sensors on the bike) and PCV uses wide band. Lots of details here I won't bore you with. For me, it boiled down to putting the box on the bike verses not. TTS (and SERT, SEST for that matter) simply allow you to reprogram the stock ECM and you don't have to put anything external on the bike. With the PCV, you have to permanently install their tunner on the bike, and with late model fatboys, that's a challenge.

Ahh, great link Lil Evil with the HD autotune stuff, day late and a $ short for me. Wish they woulda had that stuff when I was buying. Wonder what sorta support you get with it, Doc and Steve Cole have and to continue to support my questions (just talking out loud here).

K, hope this helps and I haven't misspoken, flame away if I have ;-).

Originally Posted by Lil Evil
The SERT and TTS are basically the same except the TTS has the Vtune software which means that you can create your own custom maps based on tuning runs. Now SERT and SEST owners can do the same thing with an add-on program from http://www.tunemyharley.com/ which does the same as the Vtune software and will also do Knock retard corrections also. Check it out.

Last edited by Pardner; 03-20-2010 at 06:53 AM.
Old 03-27-2010, 07:07 PM
METALKAT
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a 2009 RG and was handed the SEST with no software either. I did noticte my SEST actually says "SE Pro Super Tuner". Does the Pro mean anything different? Can I use the MyTune software still?

Old 03-30-2010, 12:45 AM
choperules
Novice

Wow. People are really confused on the Screamin Eagle stuff. The race tuner or SERT is no longer made. What is available now is the Screamin Eagle Pro Super Tuner. None of them come with manuals, software, or cables. You can purchase them seperately. Cables are part# 32184-08. The new -10 software includes smart tune. Older -08 or -09 does not have the smart tune as far as I can remember. The software is part# 32111-10. The software disk includes a pdf user manual. The new Super Tuner does NOT need a dyno although it would be easier. You CAN use smart tune and do it yourself. I would suggest purchasing the traing dvd if you want to do it yourself. It is part# 32101-10.

Jason