Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Interested in Dyna Glide models with FL front ends?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2010, 09:54 PM
F_CPT98
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ran into this over in the classifieds. don't know if these parts are usable for the conversion but thought I would post the link here anyway. If this is off base please excuse my ignorance. Jb

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/multi...tral-ohio.html

Old 03-24-2010, 12:39 AM
nitebobber08
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

gotta be honest, this sounds like a pretty damn good idea! I'm not sure how it'll turn out on my bike but i'd be really curious to see...

Old 03-24-2010, 07:07 AM
user 335844
Banned
Smile Heritage Dyna Classic - I'm in!

Nice to see kindred spirits. I'm busy preparing the wife, kids, bike and household goods for another Air Force move (to Germany this time) but I'll post when I can.
CJ

Attached Thumbnails Interested in Dyna Glide models with FL front ends?-dsc_0009x.jpg   Interested in Dyna Glide models with FL front ends?-dsc_0034x.jpg  

Last edited by user 335844; 03-24-2010 at 07:15 AM. Reason: Add picture
Old 03-24-2010, 07:58 AM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 487 Likes on 355 Posts

I'm not the expert here by any means, but I think you have to use the Softail style forks. I thought the FLH front end won't work. The trees are not applicable or something like that to the Dyna necks. But I'm glad to see people are still likeing the idea though.

Old 03-27-2010, 05:57 AM
fryejs
Intermediate

Need a little help!!!

I got everything all done and have been riding it for about a week now and my front suspension is WAY TO SOFT! Im bottoming out in the front, now the tricky part...I did this to a 01 FXDX and i have 2" over stock fork tubes. How can I make this thing more stiff/firm up front?

Old 03-27-2010, 09:50 AM
F_CPT98
Tourer

Originally Posted by CptCeeJay
Nice to see kindred spirits. I'm busy preparing the wife, kids, bike and household goods for another Air Force move (to Germany this time) but I'll post when I can.
CJ
Damn CJ, If I saw your bike on the road I swear it was a RK...Very nice. I would love to transform mine this way.

Old 03-27-2010, 02:18 PM
SURFOR Chop
Elite HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by fryejs
Need a little help!!!

I got everything all done and have been riding it for about a week now and my front suspension is WAY TO SOFT! Im bottoming out in the front, now the tricky part...I did this to a 01 FXDX and i have 2" over stock fork tubes. How can I make this thing more stiff/firm up front?
I'm looking at replacing the stock FLSTF springs in my front end with either Progressive or Works progressive rate springs .... They're about $100 - $130 range ... think the Works were a little more expensive ....

I've also been pondering whether the "intiminator" valve insert would properly address your issue ...

After noticing it quite a bit when I first swapped out my front end, I haven't noticed it too much lately ... maybe I've just adapted my riding style ....

* Also, Progressive has come out with a 'monotube' system for the touring bikes ... I called their tech support line to see if that system will work with FL Softail front ends ... they said not yet, but they are looking into introducing a line for them .....

R/
'Chop

Old 03-27-2010, 02:22 PM
SURFOR Chop
Elite HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by F_CPT98
Damn CJ, If I saw your bike on the road I swear it was a RK...Very nice. I would love to transform mine this way.
Kind of agree ... I think it's the beach bars and all the chrome ... the paint job also really lends it a 'factory' look ... over all a really nicely finished bike ....

R/
'Chop

Old 03-30-2010, 11:31 PM
fryejs
Intermediate

fixed my bottoming out problems...installed 2.5 inch spacers in the front fork tubes...havent hit bottom yet but the preload on the springs made a huge difference, however i think 2.5 might have been a bit much cause the spring are definitly alot stiffer, however definitly rideable! may try 2 inches once riding season is over. hope this may help someone in the future...PVC from lowes alot cheaper than progressive/works spring kits (and thats what the spacers are in those...seen a kit from each in person).

thanks, josh

Old 03-31-2010, 06:32 AM
user 335844
Banned
Smile

Originally Posted by SURFOR Chop
Kind of agree ... I think it's the beach bars and all the chrome ... the paint job also really lends it a 'factory' look ... over all a really nicely finished bike ....

R/
'Chop
Chop, F_CPT98,
Thanks. It's taken 10 years but she is the dream bike I've always wanted.
- CJ

Quick Reply: Interested in Dyna Glide models with FL front ends?