Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Interested in Dyna Glide models with FL front ends?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 10:19 PM
panelbeater
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SURFOR Chop
Panelbeater:

Very nice ... had not seen your bike when I was putting my look together ... really well done ....

Very cool man!!!! My next mod will be hard bags fastened to my dettach sissy bar.

Old 07-20-2011, 12:20 AM
ackman1968
Elite HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Very nice! I like the rear fender length, I would like to lengthen mine to balance out the look a little.

Old 07-25-2011, 04:00 PM
mtheaded99
6th Gear

Well guys I am back to square one. The v twin kit is on backorder for an indefinate amount of time. Even they do not know when it will come in they said call every week. The shop I am dealing with doesnt seem as enthusiastic about as I am. I need some true help to make this happen. The shop is telling me that the neck on my 07 street bob is different and a stock FLST front end wont work. So what about the kit in v twin for the sportster? Will either one work ? Any reply will result in my blood pressure being reduce at least 10 points. Thanks everybody. You can also send any info to my email mtheaded99@yahoo.com

Old 07-25-2011, 04:11 PM
Reaper_ggy
Road Master

Originally Posted by panelbeater
Hey, heres my 02 WG. I did the work myself. Heritage front fender smoothed, 6 gallon road king tank stretched & frenched speedo, 8 inch rear blank with widened lengthened heritage tail piece, frenched lic, flush oval led. Fatboy legs with ness massive trees, lowered, dna mammoths 21x3.5 & 18x4.25, avons. Lots of other stuff. Painted hot rod black.
I just see that ... I love it.

Old 07-25-2011, 07:39 PM
ackman1968
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by mtheaded99
Well guys I am back to square one. The v twin kit is on backorder for an indefinate amount of time. Even they do not know when it will come in they said call every week. The shop I am dealing with doesnt seem as enthusiastic about as I am. I need some true help to make this happen. The shop is telling me that the neck on my 07 street bob is different and a stock FLST front end wont work. So what about the kit in v twin for the sportster? Will either one work ? Any reply will result in my blood pressure being reduce at least 10 points. Thanks everybody. You can also send any info to my email mtheaded99@yahoo.com

Well you have a new option, you can get the front end from the new switchback! If I were in your postion that's what I would do.

Old 07-25-2011, 08:32 PM
mtheaded99
6th Gear

I called Worth HD on that same thing and they havent even seen one yet. I suppose that if I wait abit more then they will have it.

Old 07-25-2011, 09:03 PM
panelbeater
Cruiser

Originally Posted by mtheaded99
Does anyone know exactly what the difference in the 07 neck is? Just bearing size, or is it the length?

Old 07-25-2011, 10:14 PM
ackman1968
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by panelbeater
Does anyone know exactly what the difference in the 07 neck is? Just bearing size, or is it the length?
The neck is a little taller. I had to add a shim between the lower tree and the bearing otherwise the tree hit the neck before the bearing found the race.

Old 07-25-2011, 10:24 PM
mtheaded99
6th Gear

I wish I knew.

Old 07-25-2011, 10:45 PM
ackman1968
Elite HDF Member

If you were closer I'd say we pick it up and I'd help you out. It's really straight forward but sometimes the guys that are in business to make a living aren't too interested in a "what if". The guys that aren't doing customs on a regular basis don't have the background to estimate fab time so they could stand to lose their asses if they under estimate. Might be the case with your shop so they are shying away from it.

Quick Reply: Interested in Dyna Glide models with FL front ends?