Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help on Slip Ons Please!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 04:28 PM
MARCUS 79
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am really amazed with the very detailed information you shared with me to give me e clear picture of what is the best things to consider when choosing a system.
Thanks a lot guys for now

Old 02-27-2010, 09:05 PM
rastajacob
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I love my V and H Slip-ons and I got them for a steal of a price (thanks archergodwin). Plenty loud for me...I had short shots on my Sportster and can't really tell the difference between the two...If you can find a deal on Slip-ons, ****** 'em up...

Old 02-27-2010, 10:28 PM
'09fxdb
Tourer

If it's sound (music) you want....slap on some V&H Slip-ons and enjoy...when you clic 'er down a couple-a-gears...into 3rd..and crank on her, you will not notice a 2hp loss I promise you..no new air intake and no fuel management..cheap..won't hurt your bike..and great final result......(won't hurt your warranty either)...Bill

Old 02-27-2010, 11:13 PM
Vinsil
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I started with:

Stage 1 SE AC

PC-V

SEII old style slip on's with BCT baffles.

The sound was amazing, although VERY loud. I did not notice really any power gains, but the bike did run smoother and cooler.

I sold the slip on's and bought the Rinehart 2-1. I emailed fuel moto a few times (where I bought my "tuned" PCV from, for a new map and never got one emailed to me. Pretty crappy CS...many have had good luck with them. I didn't.

However, with the map that was loaded for my slip ons, I noticed a very significant gain in power/torque. LOTS more on the bottom end, where I knew the slip ons were killing my performance.

The sound is different, but again, that is also a difference in baffles. The Rineharts are much quieter and of course, being a 2-1 have a different sound/tone. I had to hear it for myself before I was convinced. Much quieter is subjective though, it still really rips when your on it, but I can idle through neighborhoods now without setting off car alarms. It was neat at first.....

I'm with coldcase...I'm honestly thinking of selling my PC-V and going TTS so I can tune it myself, since I plan on cams/heads and possibly a big bore kit next summer. That, and I won't be going back to Fuel moto for maps..not that I ever got an updated one.

Old 02-28-2010, 08:32 AM
Rebel78
Road Captain

You know you could get that slip on sound & performance just by punching 1-1.5 inch hole in your stock baffles. My HD dealer does this upgrade free of charge. Do not punch small holes or you'll get that tiny unpleasant sound.

Old 02-28-2010, 08:39 AM
Rebel78
Road Captain

Or you could just go with Cycle Shack slip ons, they are cheap, make more power & sound good.

Old 02-28-2010, 11:57 AM
bikecop40
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is what I did.......... Gutted out the $hitty sounding SE mufflers and installed Big City Thunder Baffles in them very deep sounding. Very nice mod comparable to the SE-II old style mufflers

Old 02-28-2010, 03:11 PM
nazareth27
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

All just depends on your personal preference. I ran cycle shacks my first year on my fat bob, had cycle shacks and hooker troublemaker full pipes on my 06 sportster. For me it was looks without compromising power when i went to the hookers, and breather change, and that bike was carbed. On my bob, I went to vance and hines 2-2 with a ness big sucker, and honestly I think my cycle shacks were louder if you want that. Those got sold to a forum member here this week, but I had my eye on the v and h for that entire year and when I put those on, did my breather and pc V setup.

Its all in just what you want more or less. I do know it was easier at first for me, financially to do the slip-ons first and got just as much bang for the buck. The full pipes needed a remap/computer, and I didnt have to change the breather but just love my ness sucker.

Old 02-28-2010, 03:59 PM
pthauvet
Cruiser

My experience... (I did things in sequence)

Installed V&H slip on's with the baffle that came with them... very loud
Installed V&H quite baffle... still loud
Installed Screaming Eagle Stage 1 AC, The use TTS will a predfined map...Wow sound has a deaper tone maybe not quieter but a great improvment, I'm sure you can get the same with a tuner such as PCV, I went with TTS because of the flexibility it gives me when I do future performance upgrades.

I have not taken it for a ride yet (winter aint over)...so I can't talk to performance yet, but I'm sure things will only get better once I have the opportunity to get a few vtune rides (TTS self tuning process)

So the setup you depicted above will work for you

p

Old 02-28-2010, 04:15 PM
fhansen
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bikecop40
This is what I did.......... Gutted out the $hitty sounding SE mufflers and installed Big City Thunder Baffles in them very deep sounding. Very nice mod comparable to the SE-II old style mufflers
Is this mod easy enough to make?

Quick Reply: Help on Slip Ons Please!!