Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is my dealer nuts?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2010 | 12:59 PM
domenicp7
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by SC-Longhair
Sounds like a big cow patty worth of advice. The map you get from FM may be close but not optimal.
A dyno tune from a tuner that knows what they are doing is the best way to get a map that is tailored to a certain machine.

In the mean time getting a map which is close to your setup as possible (Power Commander, etc) is the other to insure that the bike is running properly. Vic I don't think anyone said it was the best way but for many no reputable tuner and there is not that many in Dallas , low on funds for a self tuning device this may be the best way they have to insure the bike is running well with out harming anything.

Old 02-19-2010 | 01:06 PM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by rlhdude
I installed the Big Shots, PC-V and Doherty Intake today. The beast started right up. I took it for a 4 mile spin and it ran very strong and smooth. I heard no popping on decel, just a nice rumble. I am a happy camper.

Thanks everyone for confirming that my local dealership is just plain aweful. They will never, ever, ever touch my bike.

Rick
glad it worked out good.... and it is confirmed your dealer is nuts(or at least the employees that agree with what you were told).

Old 02-19-2010 | 10:20 PM
scotracy
Road Captain

Why does everyone make such a big deal on decel popping? It is all a part of the Harley riding experience, so enjoy the sound. If not go buy a metric bike!

Old 02-20-2010 | 07:51 AM
rlhdude
|
Cruiser

Originally Posted by scotracy
Why does everyone make such a big deal on decel popping? It is all a part of the Harley riding experience, so enjoy the sound. If not go buy a metric bike!
Acutally it was my nutty dealer that said decel popping should not happen at all and it could harm the motor over time. I actually think they are just trying to get some business, the whole service department is standing around with there thumbs up the A$$

Old 02-20-2010 | 09:51 AM
ac72rat
Cruiser
Default Pop

What Chad said... IMO

Old 02-20-2010 | 03:43 PM
lilspanky
Cruiser

Originally Posted by toastman
PCV with a good map from fuel moto is gonna do you wonders.

but the dealer said even a dyno tune won't fix the problem? unless a chimp is running the dyno...

like someone else said, run, don't walk, away from that dealer. tell him you moved, and will call him if you ever return from fiji.
I agree doing it yourself will give you more knowledge of your bike.By the waty hows fiji lol