Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rush Slip-Ons - WTF else do I need?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2010 | 08:44 PM
reesestewww
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by 09FXDFWDHGS
Ok, now I am thoroughly confused after a recent visit to the dealer.
I just want to add 1.75" Rush Slip-ons to a 2010 Super Glide Custom to replace the stock for a better "harley" rumble sound. At least for now, I'm not planning on adding a stage 1 kit or air filter changes or a fuel mgt system--but I guess that's the $1200 question right now...So do I need to do anything else to the bike or can I just bolt these on and roll? Will I have to worry about overheating and possible exhaust discoloration? Will I lose any real HP or torque?

Thanks in advance.
You know what to do now... but let us know how you like 'em!

Old 02-15-2010 | 09:47 PM
krusty1
Elite HDF Member

Opinions vary, but it is true that all the 2010 Dynas have the cats in the mufflers, and if you simply add the slip-ons you may end up with even leaner FA mixture than you started with (the 2010's are set up lean to begin with, and removing the cats will allow more air through the system even without changing the A/C side). Could run much hotter. Some people add XiED's (simple and cheap) to increase the FA mixture, so the engine runs cooler. The good news is that the slip-ons get rid of the cats for the Dynas.....the rest of the HD line has the cats in the headers, or so I've heard.

Old 02-15-2010 | 10:22 PM
lilspanky
Cruiser

Originally Posted by krusty1
Opinions vary, but it is true that all the 2010 Dynas have the cats in the mufflers, and if you simply add the slip-ons you may end up with even leaner FA mixture than you started with (the 2010's are set up lean to begin with, and removing the cats will allow more air through the system even without changing the A/C side). Could run much hotter. Some people add XiED's (simple and cheap) to increase the FA mixture, so the engine runs cooler. The good news is that the slip-ons get rid of the cats for the Dynas.....the rest of the HD line has the cats in the headers, or so I've heard.
This is very true. dont all harleys run lean from the factory? My 03, 08, 09, and my dads 09 all ran lean while stock. Thats what my expierience has been. They will lean out the bike and yes it will run a little warmer but i doubt you will notice. Ran a set on a FI sporty for about 10,000 miles no problems., and I ran the crap out of it.

Old 02-15-2010 | 11:05 PM
mrbones76
Advanced
Unhappy

I must have bad luck. I have Rush 1.75 slip ons on my 09 Fat Bob and have lots of decel popping. May go back to stock until funds allow for full exhaust change

Old 02-16-2010 | 07:53 AM
cactusred
Road Master

Originally Posted by krusty1
You've gotta be F'n Sht'n me, I know the Tree Huggin, Dem loving Republic of California was pulling this kind of crap, but you tellin me that all 10's Dynas have cats in the muffs and the other HD line up has cats in the headers?????
Man what a load of dung, the carbon footprint on these things is pathetically small compared to Friggin soccer mom's Hummer, Escalade running back and forth to the grocery store for two items every day.

Old 02-17-2010 | 11:41 PM
Subaqua
Intermediate

check these..graet looking and sound..very happy..

Attached Thumbnails Rush Slip-Ons - WTF else do I need?-6.jpg   Rush Slip-Ons - WTF else do I need?-18.jpg   Rush Slip-Ons - WTF else do I need?-1.jpg  
Old 02-17-2010 | 11:52 PM
CRF
Outstanding HDF Member

bolt em on and roll.........no problem

Old 02-18-2010 | 07:14 AM
WDHGS
|
Road Captain

Hey guys, thanks for all of the help--I just wanted to confirm what I thought was correct about not needing to do anything else to a 2010. COME ON SPRING AND WARMER WEATHER!!!