Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harleys new chopped rear fender kit

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 12:10 PM
parts eeter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by skidder
The one thing about chopped fenders that I've wondered about....doesn't your back get soaked from all the spray shooting up from the rear tire.
No worse than your face gets wet does when you are riding 70MPH into rain!!!

Old 01-18-2011, 12:42 PM
Robbie13
LOSER
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by parts eeter
No worse than your face gets wet does when you are riding 70MPH into rain!!!
True that! I have found that once I am wet, it really makes no difference which direction it is coming from.

Old 01-18-2011, 12:50 PM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member
Received 148 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by skidder
The one thing about chopped fenders that I've wondered about....doesn't your back get soaked from all the spray shooting up from the rear tire.
I have never noticed, usually the rest of me is soak and wet by then. I don't rid through puddles intentionaly, so unless I get cought i the rain I avoid any water or where a rain suit.

As far as the part number for the fender itself, I will have to do some digging around and find it. I will post it as soon as I find it.

Last edited by blueangel73; 01-18-2011 at 01:06 PM.
Old 01-18-2011, 01:53 PM
parts eeter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by blueangel73
As far as the part number for the fender itself, I will have to do some digging around and find it. I will post it as soon as I find it.
Much appreciated...

Old 01-18-2011, 02:39 PM
purevil71
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jwlehman
Just doesn't pay to be Fat...that part won't work on the FXDF. I would love to be able to chop a fender myself, but I don't have the skills to do it, and have it look good. There's a german shop that sells a chopped fender for the FatBob that I have wanted since I got my Fat Bob:

http://www.u-station.org/umotor/mpar...07.html#Fatbob

This link translates from German to English:

http://www.microsofttranslator.com/b....html%23Fatbob

Wonder how that would look on a Street Bob...I HATE the rear fender on my '07 SB

Old 01-18-2011, 03:36 PM
risdo
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^ Man, I've had that bottom photo over my workbench for, literally, three years!!

When I chopped my fender two weeks ago, that was my inspiration.

Trust me: it wasn't that difficult. I had no fear whatsoever; I just did it. And no, I had never cut metal before. Plastic parts, yes, but never metal.

I wish I hadn't waited all this time to get around to it.

Last edited by risdo; 01-18-2011 at 03:41 PM.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:52 AM
mojo8672
3rd Gear

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Old 01-19-2011, 12:24 PM
purevil71
Tourer

Originally Posted by risdo
^ Man, I've had that bottom photo over my workbench for, literally, three years!!

When I chopped my fender two weeks ago, that was my inspiration.

Trust me: it wasn't that difficult. I had no fear whatsoever; I just did it. And no, I had never cut metal before. Plastic parts, yes, but never metal.

I wish I hadn't waited all this time to get around to it.

Love the looks of that...you did a really good job on it.

Old 02-05-2011, 09:19 AM
Teal40
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 8541hog
Obviously HD thinks there is a market for it and there are people who do not have the confidence to do their own wrenching or cutting, Why criticize them? Lots of people hire contractors to do remodel work, we just saved at least 25k by doing our own kitchen, and I am very proud of the work we did ourselves, but I sure don't criticize anyone for hiring it done.
Sometimes I have to take a break from this forum because of all the critics. People get put down for wearing this or wearing that, called posers, or RUBs, does it make you feel better about yourself?
I am in the process of making a custom set of risers, how many of you buy your risers? Does that make me any better than you, I hardly think so, just means I have a certain vision that you may not, BFD!!
I remember when I built a custom mount for my GPS and posted it, several people criticized me for not just buying some $30 factory mount that I thought looked like crap. Live and let live, we all have different priorities.
My thoughts exactly. If you can wrench, more power to 'ya. I came to this thread to see if anyone had installed this kit on their bike. I'm not sure I like the looks of it....hey if looks good to me I'll spend the 350 and put it on myself. The time and effort to do it myself would cost at least that much. And there's the distinct possiblity I'll screw it up (wasted time/money).

Old 02-05-2011, 09:58 AM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member
Received 148 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by Teal40
My thoughts exactly. If you can wrench, more power to 'ya. I came to this thread to see if anyone had installed this kit on their bike. I'm not sure I like the looks of it....hey if looks good to me I'll spend the 350 and put it on myself. The time and effort to do it myself would cost at least that much. And there's the distinct possiblity I'll screw it up (wasted time/money).
Let's not forget that there are also people out there that do have the ability to do these mods themselves, they just don't have access to the resources/equipment. Yes, I feel I have the confidences to do most of my own mods, but now that I don't have access to the machine shop I worked in, I don't have the equipment. If I were to go out and get the equipment I needed, I would have ended up spending more in the long run or at least balanced out, coarse I would need somewhere to store the equipment and I don't have the money to build that addition yet.

I am sure there are many other folks out there in the same situation.

Quick Reply: Harleys new chopped rear fender kit