Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

V&H ShortShots Baffle or no Baffle?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 06:17 PM
Crash Davis
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can change them with the pipes mounted. I have the V&H shortshots but with the "quiet baffles" in. Nothing "quiet" about them, but they give the nice, deep Harley rumble. Not obnoxious if I go out easy on the throttle in the morning, but they'll bark if I crack that throttle! I haven't heard the BCT baffles, so I can't compare the two or suggest which is better.

Old 02-09-2010, 08:29 PM
lostgringo
Novice

i have v&h short shots on my fxdc and they are loud! yes they pop and are generally obnoxious, car alarms seem to follow me.
they come from V&H with a baffle and they offer a "quiet" baffle for 30 buks each. i started out with the stock ones and added the quiet version later. they are both loud, WAY loud!. i use ear plugs, gotta admit i love the sound even plugged. but the guy who mentioned another provider for baffles, was that for v&h? link me please

Old 02-09-2010, 08:37 PM
mjsawatzky
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Like many have already suggested go for the Big City Thunder Monster baffles. The sound is incredible. You will be able to install the baffle when the pipes are on the bike but you will likely have to remove the heat shields as the set screw that holds the baffle in place is usually tough to get at with the heat shields on.

Old 02-09-2010, 08:46 PM
Blackened
Cruiser

As for baffles, Big city thunder baffles are awesome. You have to drill a hole in the pipe for a set screw, which would be alot easier if the pipes are off of the bike.

Old 02-09-2010, 08:58 PM
Hickey
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just took the heat shields off with the pipes on the bike, didnt see a need to remove the whole pipe, then the shields from the pipe, the reinstalling both.

But I guess that depends on where you want to put the set screw

Originally Posted by Blackened
As for baffles, Big city thunder baffles are awesome. You have to drill a hole in the pipe for a set screw, which would be alot easier if the pipes are off of the bike.

Old 02-10-2010, 06:22 AM
creekhed1
Road Master

Short shots are LOUD. I ran mine w/out baffles for about 1 mile and it ran like AS$ and sounded that way too!

Old 02-10-2010, 07:35 AM
J-RoX
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DarkTrak
Just run it without baffles!! Gotta be the kind of guy that likes it to crackle tho... I love it personally. VROOOOOOOOM-KA-KA-KA-KA-KA-!!!!! LOL
this makes me want to rip em out.

Short shots are LOUD. I ran mine w/out baffles for about 1 mile and it ran like AS$ and sounded that way too!
this makes me not.

not being able to adjust a carb to make it run right is my only issue.
I think i will try it anyway.

it doesn't really matter though, because i have to ride it around the barn to test the sound (acoustics aren't so great in there)... this snow storm is killing me!

Old 02-13-2010, 01:40 AM
SlickTrickSG
6th Gear

Does anyone know the part number of the Original Thunder Monster Baffle for the short shots?

Old 02-13-2010, 01:58 AM
Chris07STBOB
Intermediate

You need to measure the inner diameter of your pipe to know exactly which baffle to order. Here is the link to the BCT baffles. https://bigcitythunder.com/shop/shop...categories.asp

I will be installing a set of these soon!!!

Old 02-13-2010, 07:35 AM
creekhed1
Road Master

Those pipes are made to have baffles in them. Without them ya won't have enough backpressure to get the bike to run properly (you'll LOSE POWER EVERYWHERE but the very top end). No way around that. I could not believe how bad mine sounded without any baffles.

Quick Reply: V&H ShortShots Baffle or no Baffle?