Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wiring question

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 06:17 PM
bberck
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Wiring question

Ok I am currently getting rid of my taillight. I have had the module to make my turn signals brake lights for awhile so I have that covered already. I am trying to figure out how to clean up the wiring that runs under the rear fender.

My first thought was to cut out the junction box in the taillight and install it under the seat. Shorten the wires of the main harness and then run the turn signal wires back to there.

After looking at some more I am thinking I dont need the junction box. All I really need are the 3 wires for the turn signals (2 power and a ground). The rest of the wires dont do anything since the brake module is in line further up the wiring.

So thinking of just cutting the rear harness off at the fender and splicing the turn signals in there and capping the other wires.

Is my thinking right?

Old 02-08-2010, 06:22 PM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

yup. The junction box is just a place for the wires to connect to. You don't need it. Just be sure to run the right wires to the right location. Follow the wiring diagram in your service manual.

Old 02-08-2010, 06:55 PM
bberck
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by rounder
yup. The junction box is just a place for the wires to connect to. You don't need it. Just be sure to run the right wires to the right location. Follow the wiring diagram in your service manual.
Ok thats what I was thinking but wasnt sure if the module got some kind of feedback from the back. Was probally making it more complicated than it is in my head lol. Just dont want to get carried away cutting and splicing.

I cant test anything right now since the ignition is also tore apart.