Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Are you:
Macho
5.76%
More Macho than Wussy
5.76%
More Wussy than Macho
2.16%
Wussy
4.32%
Don't know
3.60%
Whatever dude ....
71.22%
Not Applicable
7.19%
Voters: 139. You may not vote on this poll

Macho v. Wussy - what are you? Poll

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 03:13 PM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 8541hog
It looks like I am a wuss based on the description given... Somehow I don't think I will lose a moments sleep over that...
yeah yeah we all know you'll be pacing back and forth all night cause of this ....
HEHE...LOL... Joking...
I'd use smileys...but.... we all know REAL MACHO MEN don't ever use smileys....LOL... oops I ain't macho... I have too much confidence.....

Old 02-08-2010, 03:13 PM
02ULTRA
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=SURFOR Chop;6220701]The following is a quote I recently saw on another thread:
"Saddlebags are for riders that insist they have to be comfortable riding a motorcycle, or they are staying home. It might rain, I'm not riding. It's windy, I'm staying home. It's too hot, it's too cold. What happened to testing oneself? [section omitted to remove identifying info.] I don't require a tall windshield, a fairing, saddlebags, floorboards, forward controls, tour pac, crash bars, LED everything, pulsating headlight, fatbob gas tank, air ride, ABS, 180MM tires, billet anything, EFI, 95"+ motor, wide glide front end, GPS, radio/intercom helmets, digital gauges, the list goes on endlessly. The arguments to my feelings about all that crap are, it looks cool or I'm making my bike my own. PLEASE, if you are BOLTING anything on you purchased from a catalog, you are not an individual. Yes, I'm a macho ***** to say the least. But, I'm proud to be a tough man who takes chances in my life. Try it sometime, it might help you feel ALIVE. Warning, it won't be comfortable."

I am sure glad he cleared that up, I thought needing saddlebags and Tour Pack meant you actually rode your bike far enough and long enough to maybe need some extra things.

Damn, do I feel like a wuss!

Old 02-08-2010, 03:22 PM
SURFOR Chop
Elite HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by EricInNCa
... Edit: Maybe we should turn the poll into whether we think the OP is Macho or Wuss???
Aw ... c'mon man ... why ya gotta go there ...?

Everyone knows the OP is a whatever dude ...

Old 02-08-2010, 03:34 PM
dope_man_21
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Whatever, cause I don't care one way or the other. I do what I have to do to ride, and I don't really give a rats *** about what anyone else thinks, well maybe I do, I really like the looks I get when I am riding in freezing cold and/or rainy weather.

Old 02-08-2010, 03:43 PM
Wendell Allen
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"Bikes are like women. They come in all shapes and sizes. We ride them, we buy stuff for them, we like to look at them... I like the one I've got and hopefully you like the one you got. I respect you and yours and you do the same in return".

No ****!!! I just read more truth in those few sentences than I heard the entire twelve and a half hours I worked today!

Old 02-08-2010, 03:47 PM
Dawg Rider
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You sissy boys with your fancy pants electric starters, brakes, and foam padded seats insult the hard-assity of a manly man's man like myself. I remember the days when real men would would ride with no seat at all on a file-sharpened frame backbone. And while some of the prissy types would wear boots and goggles, the true riders went barefoot with razor blade pegs and rusty barb wire grips, half blind from direct bug hits to the eyeballs. And we liked it! Some days we'd use toothpicks to hold our eyes open to see who would be the first to get blinded and run into a tree or a road sign. Then we'd all have a good laugh while he tried to strap his leg back together with duct tape before he passed out from blood loss. Good times. And none of them frilly rubber tires and shock absorbers for us, either. If steel's good enough for locomotive wheels and horse shoes, it's good enough for a masculine man's motor sickle. Sure we fell down a bunch because of sparse traction, but that just made for entertainment around the campfire (none of that pansy electricity for us) trying to find funny shapes like big hooters in each other's scabs. On cold days, we'd ride bare **** nekkid just for kicks. We did use heated grips, but that just meant using a torch to get them glowing red just before we lit out. I sure miss the days of real riders on real machines...

Old 02-08-2010, 03:49 PM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Insane!

Old 02-08-2010, 03:55 PM
rastajacob
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Think what the OP was referring to are what old school bikers like to call RUB's...Rich Urban Bikers...now this group of riders has been aggravting old schoolers ever since the MoCo has been targeting this demographic. The guy or gal that has to own every piece of bolt on equipment for their model and has tp don him/herself in all MoCo gear before they throw a leg over their bike...you know who you are...anyways, don't sweat it, ride what you like, just know that they have the opinion that you are raiding their "lifestyle" and youwill be scrutinzed for it. On the other hand, just ride what you want, have fun and screw what anyone else says about you...

Old 02-08-2010, 04:00 PM
SURFOR Chop
Elite HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Dawg Rider
You sissy boys with your fancy pants electric starters, brakes, and foam padded seats insult the hard-assity of a manly man's man like myself. I remember the days when real men would would ride with no seat at all on a file-sharpened frame backbone. And while some of the prissy types would wear boots and goggles, the true riders went barefoot with razor blade pegs and rusty barb wire grips, half blind from direct bug hits to the eyeballs. And we liked it! Some days we'd use toothpicks to hold our eyes open to see who would be the first to get blinded and run into a tree or a road sign. Then we'd all have a good laugh while he tried to strap his leg back together with duct tape before he passed out from blood loss. Good times. And none of them frilly rubber tires and shock absorbers for us, either. If steel's good enough for locomotive wheels and horse shoes, it's good enough for a masculine man's motor sickle. Sure we fell down a bunch because of sparse traction, but that just made for entertainment around the campfire (none of that pansy electricity for us) trying to find funny shapes like big hooters in each other's scabs. On cold days, we'd ride bare **** nekkid just for kicks. We did use heated grips, but that just meant using a torch to get them glowing red just before we lit out. I sure miss the days of real riders on real machines...

Damn Jim ... laughed my a$$ off readin' your post ...! That's some funny **** ....

Old 02-08-2010, 04:00 PM
jwlehman
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why would you care? Man, this winter has got to end soon!

Quick Reply: Macho v. Wussy - what are you? Poll