Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Are you:
Macho
5.76%
More Macho than Wussy
5.76%
More Wussy than Macho
2.16%
Wussy
4.32%
Don't know
3.60%
Whatever dude ....
71.22%
Not Applicable
7.19%
Voters: 139. You may not vote on this poll

Macho v. Wussy - what are you? Poll

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 12:54 PM
harlista01
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Wyde Glyde Bry
No one has ever walked up to me in the bar parking lot to call me a ***** for having forward controls. That **** only happens on the internet.

Agree

Old 02-08-2010, 12:55 PM
SBRob
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,284 Likes on 1,696 Posts

Originally Posted by BennieSG
I ride when I want and put whatever I want on my bike, and if someone doesn't like it F*ck'em. Am I mancho? Wuss? Don't know, don't care. If some one has problem with what other people do, then they have a complex that goes back a long ways. If it doesn't effect you then why would you care what some one else does?
Bennie, I hope you don't mind me quoting you, but I feel exactly the same way...I don't have to justify to anyone how I choose to set up my ride or when I decide to go for a ride.

To the OP, I didn't reply to your poll, cuz I'm just a guy that likes to ride and I choose to ride a Harley Street Bob.

Old 02-08-2010, 01:09 PM
SURFOR Chop
Elite HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by SBRob
Bennie, I hope you don't mind me quoting you, but I feel exactly the same way...I don't have to justify to anyone how I choose to set up my ride or when I decide to go for a ride.

To the OP, I didn't reply to your poll, cuz I'm just a guy that likes to ride and I choose to ride a Harley Street Bob.
If I hadn't put "whatever dude ..." as an option, seems I wouldn't have gotten a single vote so far ....

The votes and replies so far seem to confirm my impression that for the most part this (Dyna forum) is pretty much a 'live and let live' kind of place ....

I am sometimes a little surprised to see on here that someone can be bothered to 'flame spray' someone else's post instead of just ingoring it ....

It seems most members don't mind a little good natured ribbing and some give-and-take ... as long as it is all in good fun .... Although, sometimes it is hard to discern the intent of someone's post ... they may think they're making a harmless joke, but come off sounding like an a$$ ....

Old 02-08-2010, 01:11 PM
yso191
Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rounder
A real man is not someone parading around with low self esteem putting others down cause of the choices they choose to make in their lives...It's not some schmuck that starts fights and brags about their pathetic useless accomplishments...It's not some fool carrying a gun cause he thinks it makes him tough and not to be messed with....it the Humble man with Real confidence that makes a man real. It sure as hell is not the guy that wrote the quote text above! A man stands up for himself....a real man stands up for those that can't stand up for themselves!

A man that acts "macho"....lol....any real man knows right away that he is just putting up a front to hide his insecurities.

Spot on my friend!

I met one of these guys just last night at a local watering hole. Maybe 5'-5", 110 lbs., talking about popping a cap in another guy in the bar with his 'Desert Eagle' (while making cocking motions). I felt sorry for him.

Steve

Old 02-08-2010, 01:25 PM
FLYING
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only comment I can offer is with experience they would not have such a dumb *** pole.Guys with a stripped down bike would always ask the guy with the bags if he had any room for some of his stuff so what the F??K is the diff?

Old 02-08-2010, 01:35 PM
RACKnRAIL
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Clearly "whatever dude" as it is my hope that wussy's only ride sport bikes and BMW's.

Old 02-08-2010, 01:38 PM
frogg
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Who cares what anybody else thinks about your riding style and habits.

Old 02-08-2010, 01:42 PM
EricInNCa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

Everyone that has a bike on this forum bought it for a reason. Those reasons may differ but in the end it was because it filled a void that nothing other than a bike could fill. What and how we each create that extension of ourselves is OUR own right to do and nobody can tell us whether we're a macho man or a wuss because of it. Bikes are like women. They come in all shapes and sizes. We ride them, we buy stuff for them, we like to look at them... I like the one I've got and hopefully you like the one you got. I respect you and yours and you do the same in return. Let's get on with life and enjoy the common interests... Ride ON!!!

Edit: Maybe we should turn the poll into whether we think the OP is Macho or Wuss???

Last edited by EricInNCa; 02-08-2010 at 01:47 PM.
Old 02-08-2010, 02:55 PM
8541hog
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

It looks like I am a wuss based on the description given... Somehow I don't think I will lose a moments sleep over that...

Old 02-08-2010, 03:02 PM
ackman1968
Elite HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

I'm a whatever dude. I ride in the rain, wind summer winter etc but I sure as hell am not replacing my seat with a butt plug from Adam and Eve so I can be uncomfortable and say I'm a tough guy macho man. Hell when I here macho man all I think of is The Village People, how tough is that?

Quick Reply: Macho v. Wussy - what are you? Poll