Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Decrapifying my Dyna.

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 06:19 PM
MAGNYS
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JRK5892
Nice man!!! hey if you are going to junk the stock controls and buttons and wires man can i have them? i want to pre wire a set of bars and make them quick release. if not no big deal. looks good though man!
damn joe, that was my idea!!!!!!!!
just couldnt figure out an easy way for the cables.
sure would be sweet though.

CP you are a brave man, wiring scares the **** outta me!
good luck!

Old 02-08-2010, 09:13 PM
bucket13
Road Master
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

CP,

your bike is looking pretty damn sexy! Can't wait for you to lose those pipes, though!

Old 02-08-2010, 10:22 PM
Glydiator
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol...i'm waitin for somebody from the softail or touring section to say it's impossible to decrapify a dyna.

Old 02-08-2010, 10:39 PM
CountryPunk
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JRK5892
Nice man!!! hey if you are going to junk the stock controls and buttons and wires man can i have them? i want to pre wire a set of bars and make them quick release. if not no big deal. looks good though man!
Yah, no problem man. Shoot me a pm with your info and I'll try and get them sent your way. Maybe throw me a couple bucks for shipping on paypal or an IOU for a Sssssmall powder job...! lol

Originally Posted by MAGNYS
CP you are a brave man, wiring scares the **** outta me!
good luck!
You and me both, dude. I've never done this before, but you gotta start somewhere. How else am I going to learn, right?

Originally Posted by bucket13
CP,

your bike is looking pretty damn sexy! Can't wait for you to lose those pipes, though!
Same here. I don't hate them as much as I did now that the bike is slammed, but they're just not Me. I'll get it figured out though.

Old 02-08-2010, 10:40 PM
clicker01
Road Warrior

Well, now you have about a thousand less things to worry about going wrong CP! Nice job.

Old 02-08-2010, 10:45 PM
CountryPunk
Road Warrior

Ok, I was playing around with this at work today. Those of you that are familiar with wiring, mind checking it out for me? I need to know where else fuses are needed, what amperage, etc...Anything I'm missing? Thanks ya'll.

Old 02-09-2010, 08:19 AM
CountryPunk
Road Warrior

I'm posting this here not only so I know where to find it later, but I'm sure some of ya'll wouldn't mind the information either. This is from Irish Rich, if ya don't know who he is, do a search... He's the dogs bollocks.

* The "B" treminal is your 10ga hot wire from the battery/30amp main breaker

* The "A" terminal will feed a hot wire to your coil, the hot wire for your lighting circuit, and the hot wire for your brake light switch

* The "S" terminal will be the wire that feeds to your starter solinoid's "Terminal 50" - the same terminal on your starter motor that was fed by the wire from your "87" prong of your old starter relay

* The "C" terminal on your switch is the one that goes hot when you push the key in when the key is in the "on" or "start" position. If it was on a boat, this is the terminal that would feed the electric choke. If you wire in a horn, you can use the "C" terminal to feed the horn, and it will blow when you push in the key in the "on" or "start" position

* The "M" terminal with the threaded insert gets a wire from a chassis ground, and the other "M" terminal is the wire that goes to your ground stud on your magneto. It grounds out the mag when you turn the key to "off".

If you don't have a magneto, you don't have to connect anything to the "M" terminals. You also don't have to connect anything to the "C" terminal if you don't run a horn.

Do yourself a favor, and fuse each individual circuit feed wire coming from the "A" terminal when you run them.
It looks like I will also need to bump up the amperage of the fuse on my lighting circuit:

15a should be OK for the breakers, unless you want to run a halogen headlamp, then step up to a 20a for the lights. If you run an LED tail lamp, with the halogen headlamp, you can run the 15a OK. I use a 30a main circuit breaker, and then I use ATO inline fuses for the branch circuits - easier to hide them around the bike.

Last edited by CountryPunk; 02-09-2010 at 08:23 AM.
Old 02-09-2010, 08:33 AM
Stanger
Road Master

Originally Posted by CountryPunk
Ok, I was playing around with this at work today. Those of you that are familiar with wiring, mind checking it out for me? I need to know where else fuses are needed, what amperage, etc...Anything I'm missing? Thanks ya'll.

From what I am looking at, with proper size of wire, it looks good. Great job CountryPunk!

Old 02-09-2010, 08:38 AM
CountryPunk
Road Warrior

Ok, minor changes made to diagram according to Rich:

Old 02-09-2010, 09:01 AM
J-RoX
Cruiser

i wish i could have it simple with my 09... yeah right. i miss having a carb big time. Unless i am in a bar in the hills and i need to get out of a pinch quickly.

I like where this is going and cant wait to see what you do with that gaping hole you are going to have.

Quick Reply: Decrapifying my Dyna.