Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Decrapifying my Dyna.

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 12:12 PM
CountryPunk
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Actually, I have been going back and forth for quite a while about running mids or forwards. I'm still undecided for now. After the bike is on the road and I get a little ride-time with this handlebar setup, I'll know for sure. It's looking like I'll probably want mids eventually. If I do, I'll keep you in mind man. We could do a straight trade, each pays shipping. Now the spokes, are Mine! lol I still need to get my 21" night train rim laced up. Gonna look sick with the dual disc hub and narrowglide!!

Old 02-07-2010, 12:39 PM
Wonkaboy
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can't wait to see the final outcome , i don't think i could put that box of parts back together again

Old 02-07-2010, 01:08 PM
CountryPunk
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Wonkaboy
i don't think i could put that box of parts back together again
Haha, you and me both! lol
I could probably put it back together, but I'm sure I would have Extra parts.

Old 02-07-2010, 01:17 PM
Johnny_Ringo
Cruiser

Looking good dude. Cant wait to see how it turns out. I want to do the same thing with a crappy sportster I'm looking at. Strip and start over. Adherent to the church of minimalism.

Old 02-07-2010, 01:34 PM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by CountryPunk
I so wish I could remove those damn floorboards. They are the ONE thing my wife asked that I leave alone on the bike, she loves 'em. I'm not doing all the crazy weight reduction stuff, that's not my reason for this project. My bike was out of service due to a broken drive belt anyway and I can't leave sh*t alone! lol I haven't overlooked fuses, they're just not included in Thunderheart's diagram. I don't see where fuses are necessary in That diagram at least. (I'm using a 20 amp marine ignition key start, this eliminates the need for a starter relay.) They will be used for accessories of course. I love the V&H competition exhaust, it's not made for my bike though. I don't want to spend $600 or more on a pipe that will need modification. I can't help it, I just prefer 2-2 exhaust. I'm torn between the bassani pro streets and the hookers. (mid length, staggered rebels) I hope Johnny Bravo doesn't mind me using his pic, I just really like these pipes. Nice and simple. I love the Ohlins and the Works you like to advertise, I just can't bring myself to spend that much on a set of shocks. Maybe one day, though...

you mentioned the 100 lbs of crap removed part so I thought you were going for weight reduction and simplification..... I would say either 2-2 pipe you get will be good... the bassani produce some of the best #s of any pipe out there. If the 2-2 is real close to equal length you should get good results from them. BTW I 'advertise' the Ohlins and works for two reasons... they work better than anything else...and the msrp on a progressive 440 is more money than some custom works trackers or Ohlin s36 models... Either way can't wait to see what the end results will be.

you could make those big radius look kick *** too. I had painted mine then wrapped the shields equal length rear of the pipes showing:

Attached Thumbnails Decrapifying my Dyna.-rounder-albums-05-fxdc-custom-picture12984-fender-on-final-results-till-the-gimps-come-in.jpg  

Last edited by rounder; 02-07-2010 at 01:37 PM.
Old 02-07-2010, 01:54 PM
dpriest
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

nice write up punk. cant wait to see the end result. good luck.

Old 02-07-2010, 02:01 PM
Wonkaboy
Banned

Originally Posted by CountryPunk
Haha, you and me both! lol
I could probably put it back together, but I'm sure I would have Extra parts.
Well one good thing you can post a photo here and find out where it goes , Good Luck !

Old 02-07-2010, 02:20 PM
cornishman
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This looks like an interesting project punk, i hope you can keep us posted as you progress. As you say the FI bikes are "fully loaded" take a look at the wiring in the manual...the amount of sensors could keep you awake at night.

Old 02-07-2010, 02:28 PM
ackman1968
Elite HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Some days I wish I had a carb on mine, so much easier to do **** like you're doing. Those bars are going to look clean without controls cluttering them up!

Old 02-07-2010, 02:59 PM
tman715
6th Gear

sick bike. If you don't mind me asking where did you get the shocks for yours. I am interestd in lowering my Dyna as well.

Quick Reply: Decrapifying my Dyna.