Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any regrets going from a dyna to a softail? Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 09:24 AM
billybobber
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any regrets going from a dyna to a softail? Help!!

For those that have done this, please let me know your opinion good and bad please ASAP. I may trade my 06 bob for a fatboy lo tommorow. Deal done just need to sign paperwork

Old 02-07-2010, 09:39 AM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

probably get better responses on the softail forum where current softail owners will more than likely be. Anyways, I rode a fatboy low on a demo day. Love the bike! It looks great and really fit me well. I think you should get what you want. IMHO can't go wrong. Sure the handling is not the same, but, most guys don't ride these bikes even close to the limit so if your one of those don't sweat it. Post up some pictures should you get it. Me, I ride aggressive and the fatboy would no give me what i have with my dyna. Those floorboards are too in the way for my cornering style.

Old 02-07-2010, 11:42 AM
Luwise
Advanced

Most of my long time Harley friends have made statements that they would never own a soft tail Harley. The reason most give is that they like the Dyna's suspension, handling and performance. I have riden both and do own a Dyna but do not have an opinion on the soft tails. I have read from Harley that the soft tails are not to be modified as they are "custom" bikes (what ever that means). Purchase what suits your fancy. LOL

Old 02-07-2010, 12:47 PM
Wonkaboy
Banned
Default Go for it

I have owned 2 Fat boys and three Dyna's and not in that order ( see below for order ) but i ended coming back to the Dyna for many reasons, any softail is nice to ride and own and of coarse the Fat Boy makes a statement : Big and Brawny and they are fun and easy to ride , if you have the money GO FOR IT and experience it , you could easly sell it and come back to the Dyna family .......

Last edited by Wonkaboy; 02-07-2010 at 02:06 PM.
Old 02-07-2010, 12:59 PM
bberck
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Nothing wrong with either line and if thats what you like you should by all means go for it.

I went with a Dyna for several reasons.

I like the better handling and the rubber mounted motor.

While I like several of the softails, the ones I like require way more mods to get one were I would want it over a Dyna. Throw the extra mods on top of the extra price tag to begin with and a Dyna was the clear choice for me.

Old 02-07-2010, 01:15 PM
FXD_Marine
Cruiser

Originally Posted by rounder
probably get better responses on the softail forum where current softail owners will more than likely be. Anyways, I rode a fatboy low on a demo day. Love the bike! It looks great and really fit me well. I think you should get what you want. IMHO can't go wrong. Sure the handling is not the same, but, most guys don't ride these bikes even close to the limit so if your one of those don't sweat it. Post up some pictures should you get it. Me, I ride aggressive and the fatboy would no give me what i have with my dyna. Those floorboards are too in the way for my cornering style.
you ever try knee dragging on yours? i do it all the time... the looks i get are classic. haha

Old 02-07-2010, 01:28 PM
GymRat523
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I thought I would never ride a softail, had a Sportster, til the Cross Bones came out. The Dyna's and Sportsters handle better for aggressive riding but some bikes just speak to you. Get a bike you really like you will ride more often.

Old 02-07-2010, 01:59 PM
ElusiveThorn
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Fat Boy *yawn..

Old 02-07-2010, 02:43 PM
roofer
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have some regrets about getting rid of my springer classic it was way more comfortable but the dyna out performs and I just don't trust that balanced motor on the softails I'd go low mille evo if you go softail

Old 02-07-2010, 03:18 PM
rastajacob
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Love my Dyna, but would not throw a Fat Boy under the bus (no pun intended)...For my budget (Fresh out of College) Dyna fits the bill. Someday, however, I may own a Softail...