Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 04:11 PM
JiminyKrikit
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help

I turned on my 03 Dyna Wide before disarming...I pushed fob twice and thought it was disarmed....I hit the start button and everything (all lights etc) shut off after half a turn. Now I get nothing....no reponse to the fob or igniton switch anything....all I've found it does is flash the speedo backlight when I have it turned to acc ..... any ides ... ?? Think it's security related or is there anythign else that would kill everything...?? My battery is good ...

Old 02-06-2010, 04:24 PM
FXD2003Rider
Administrator Emeritus
Veteran: Army
Received 876 Likes on 584 Posts

Key fob may have fallen out of synchronization with the security system....

Try this:

Turn ignition key in off position;

Press and hold the key fob button for 10-15 seconds until the security system responds with two signal flashes. After confirmation, you may resume normal key fob operation;

Try to disarm by quickly pressing the key fob button twice.

FXD2003Rider

Old 02-07-2010, 10:34 AM
JiminyKrikit
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Solved.....

OK, so I found after talking to my local Harley dealer that the security systems would not shut everything off....just won't let it kick over. You would still have lights etc....the only thing that would shut off all would be battery. I was getting full charge status from my tender that was plugged in to it while in the bike. Once I loosened the battery holder to take it out and really test, everything started workign again. Turned off the alarm and she fired right up. All I can think of is perhaps the ground side of my battery terminal was touching the bike body and grounding itself out somehow. Harley must have a fail safe or someting that cuts an improper or self grounded circuit and won't let any incorrect juice through. I re-tightened everything and rode around till it started raining on me.

I would highly recommend everyone run with only genuine Harley batteries as they have the perfect fit for some very tight quarters under most seats. The aftermarket battery the old owner put it is very close but not exactly the same and I believe either the terminal connections not being tightened down all the way or the ground side hitting the frame caused an electrical problem and a Dead Bike.

Thought this might help someone out there sometime... thanks for the idea FDX2003Rider and keep the rubber side down...;-)

Old 02-08-2010, 05:35 AM
PKellyMc
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: PacNW; Beacon of Conservatism in a Sea of Liberals.......AZ Snowbird; Just another Conservative
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks for the follow-up.