Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does everybody have wrinkles in their Mustang Vintage Solo?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 08:44 AM
C908
Road Warrior
Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts
Default Does everybody have wrinkles in their Mustang Vintage Solo?

I just received my second Mustang Vintage Solo and it had wrinkles worse than the first one. I had contacted Mustang after seeing how the seat looked on my 2010 Wide Glide. They looked at my picture and said take it back to the selling dealer and have them get you another one. The second seat arrived yesterday and it"s worse than the first one. I have taken several pictures and sent to Mustang so I will wait for their response. I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem with their Vintage Solo model#76107. I will try and attach a picture for all of you to see. Thanks for your comments.

Last edited by C908; 07-26-2012 at 06:48 PM.
Old 02-06-2010, 08:48 AM
jwlehman
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No noticeable wrinkles on mine...it's not like its real leather etc. From the pics, it looks like a sewing/fitting issue.

Last edited by jwlehman; 02-09-2010 at 06:37 PM.
Old 02-06-2010, 09:01 AM
rlhdude
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Nope

I just purchased this seat and it did not have any wrinkles.

Old 02-06-2010, 09:02 AM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Wrinkles on a worn in , weathered seat---> normal I'd say , but brand new? that doesn't sound normal,and you got two in a row! something is up with that!!

Old 02-06-2010, 09:34 AM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I am actually falling out of sorts with mustang... I have a tripper solo and pillion. One thing I never really liked is how it did not fully meet up with the tank like most seats do. I fiigured it was supposed to be that way so I let it go. I find out a year later that my seat is defective and is suppose to meet up with the tank. I call them and they warranty the seat. So they supposedly are sending me out a shipping label to send the seat back. I wait three weeks and no label. I call, they claim they sent it to someone else in a different state(supposedly have someone with the same last name Cormier and he has a customer number just 1 digit different than mine and that is who they sent the label to). Ok they send me another, week later I get it. I send the seat it. Wait 3 weeks and no word. Call. The lady that handle this says it was just received on the 19th. NO according to UPS you got it 3 weeks ago.... WTF... I now hate these guys and still have no seat after 2 months!.... NEVER again will I deal with these guys. Sure the seat is comfortable, but, if you got a problem, the people there to deal with it suck! Send the seat back and get your money back! *** em and buy someone elses product.... try danny grey, lepera, C&C or even corbin. Oh yeah, couple other people on this forum had the same problem(which is how I found out).

Last edited by rounder; 02-06-2010 at 09:45 AM.
Old 02-06-2010, 09:35 AM
user45
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the Mustang Vintage touring seat, No wrinkles in mine as you describe and show in your pictures. Your wrinkles aside, my Mustang seat is very comfortable and after 6K miles with my a$$ parked on it, the seat still looks and feels like it's brand new.

Old 02-06-2010, 09:56 AM
wescoot2
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Have 60K miles on my Mustang and not one wrinkle.

Old 02-06-2010, 10:17 AM
cbass68
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, wrinkles in mine too. I've had Mustang seats on two previous bikes and not had this concern. Don't remember those "swooping up" quite as much in the front as it does on the Dyna. Maybe it's got something to do with the shape...?

Old 02-06-2010, 12:02 PM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Those wrinkles in the pics look kinda normal to me. Unless you mean the ripples near the front,eew!

Last edited by maddghost; 02-06-2010 at 12:05 PM.
Old 02-06-2010, 12:19 PM
blacknsilver
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Is there wrinkles in the seat before you install it? or is it after you install it because maybe after it is installed it forces the front of seat to turn up and make wrinkles. But it sure doesn't seem right.

Quick Reply: Does everybody have wrinkles in their Mustang Vintage Solo?