Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD Service Bulletin M-1185, 8 deg to 25 deg injectors

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2006, 02:03 PM
hjdistl
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HD Service Bulletin M-1185, 8 deg to 25 deg injectors

Afosterus

Good for you. You figured out the code. When they finally realize your life is in danger because of them they seem to want to fix the problem.

To bad it has to get to that point. I blame Harley for that because they are making it difficult for the dealer to recoup their money, plus all of the hassles. All because Harley didi not do their du diligence in the design.

ORIGINAL: afosterus

I finally go the dealer to change out my injectors. When I went by there without the bike and asked, sure no problem. Then I talked to service on the phone, still no problem bring it on in. When I got my boyfriend to take it in for me, they gave him a hard time. Two different service folks drove my bike and tried to say nothing was wrong with it. The service guys told him it was probably just because his female was lugging the gears. My boyfriend called me at work and I talked to the service department. After explaining that the bike was dying in intersections, surging when I ride through work (20 mph speed limit) and I guess if it died again in an intersection and something happened to me, my family would be well taken care of, they decided to fix it. My pipes on my bike were even turning blue. One service guy told me they would replace the pipes but that did not happen. Still fighting for that one.

Don't let them try and tell you your problem is because you probably don't let it warm up enough before you ride it like they did me. Before I found out about the Bullitin (from this forum), I had already told them about my dying/surging problem and wanted it fixed during my 1000 mile service. This was the answer I got out of them.

Old 07-30-2006, 02:36 PM
Stanger
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Beavisrules,
I am extrremely happy for you!!! That is just awesome.
I did not mean to go off but dammit, these bikes are awesome and they should run that way, as they were intended. If they do not, then for the money we pay they better fix them. My suggestion now is to tell everyone you know or meet who tried to screw you and who treated you decent, stealer wise. I go in like I said on Tuesday and well I really hope that there is no hassles. I stopped in on Thursday and made sure that they have the injectors in, the parts guy said yea I usually always do. So I asked him why then had he not heard of the Bulletin. He just looked at me and smiled, so I did the same, with a wink of course.
If all does not go well on Tuesday, oh my ..........
Well again, great for you Beavis. It is unfortuate that sometimes you must do this, we should not have to but in the end no one will look out for you more than you will yourself. So stick to your guns (no not litterly) and make them fix it.

Old 07-30-2006, 02:54 PM
ronster
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

have read alot of post's about this and finally went out and checked mine. i must ahve gotten lucky- my 06' superglide has the 25 degree inj. already there. hope everybody has a chance to get theirs changed.[sm=biker2.gif]

Old 07-31-2006, 09:35 PM
BeavisRules
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Here is a stupid question:

I am getting my injectors changed in a couple of weeks. Do they have to do a new download after the install? I am thinking of putting a big sucker on the bike and figured I could kill two birds with one stone.

Old 08-01-2006, 02:34 AM
ladodgerdog
Tourer

Thanks Stanger for the info!

Old 08-01-2006, 03:40 PM
Stanger
Road Master

BeavisRules,
I know that they do a re-map with the new injectors according to the Bulletin, now I am not sure what they will do for you as far as a different remap, but it does not hurt to ask. If they are cool (I use this term very losely here) they may do it for you for free, but this would greatly surprise me.
Well as I sit here writing this mine is at the Stealers to have the new injectors installed. We will see what they say about it all. If they have some lame a$$ excuse for not putting them in, well lets just say it will be an interesting visit with them on this. I just hope they are really cool about it and just do it. Then it is home to install new Vance & Hines short shot staggereds, SEII Stage 1 A/C kit and PCIII! I can not wait, need to hear it and ride it without the problems!! As soon as I get it back I will let you know what happened.
This bulletin was realeased because Harley discoved that the 8 deg. did have problems, so part the way through the 06's they changed to the 25 deg injectors, which means that depending on when your bike was made they put in 25 deg. injectors.

Old 08-02-2006, 02:09 AM
Stanger
Road Master

Well I got to the stealer and they had a good one for me. What they said was that my injectors were not working correctly and the two 25 deg injectors they have were also bad so they have to order me in a new set, but Harley has them on backorder and well they have a set coming in from a close stealer and will be here on Thursday. Well that is not ok with me. I want to install my parts I told him, and he said go ahead, we know that they are bad so I did. DAM, what a difference!! The pipes are LOUD and sound great! The power is alot better and now it has only a slight surge, barely able to feel it. But i still am getting the 25s installed.

Old 08-02-2006, 12:25 PM
BeavisRules
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So you put the bad 25s in?

I really hope they fix my issues also.

Old 08-02-2006, 12:28 PM
Sammi
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

When I had my 8's changed to 25's, the dealer did another HD download. No charge.

Sammi

Old 08-02-2006, 03:29 PM
Stanger
Road Master

BeavisRules,
To be completely honest, I think that they did not have any injectors inhouse and that they had to order them in, even though the service guy told me they had plenty which is obviously not true. I think they went through all the procedures according to the bulletin and then realized that I was not kidding about the problem and they decided they had to fix it, but now they need to order some injectors in and well they will be here on Thursday, supossedly, we will see. Right now I have my orginal 8 deg. injectors in. Did they ever take them out, honestly I think not. But whatever, they are going to do them now.
Sammi,
You are correct in that according to the bulletin they are to put in the new injectors and then re-map the computer. I need them to do this because according to PowerCommander web site the download I am using is set up for the injectors and re-map and without it it will run rich which it is.

Quick Reply: HD Service Bulletin M-1185, 8 deg to 25 deg injectors