Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD Service Bulletin M-1185, 8 deg to 25 deg injectors

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 06:06 PM
Locojuan
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HD Service Bulletin M-1185, 8 deg to 25 deg injectors

Mine had the Big Radius exhaust, air cleaner and power commander iii, not a question was asked, ordered them in and changed them out, what a difference

Old 07-25-2006, 08:01 PM
Stanger
Road Master

Interesting. I am going to go to the stealer today and see what they say about me having my V&H shortshots installed, stage 1 A/C and pcIII installed. Knowing my stealer they will be you know whats about it. Sucks too, have all of it just sitting there driving me crazy waiting until next tuesday to install!! We will see what they say.
Sounds like a huge difference to everyone that has the new injectors, can not wait.

Old 07-25-2006, 11:41 PM
BeavisRules
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I will be calling tomorrow morning about this one. My bob runs really rough below 25 MPH. Seeing as how this is my first Harley I wasn't sure if this was normal or if something was actually wrong.

Thanks for the bulletin!

Old 07-26-2006, 12:56 AM
hjdistl
Advanced

Had problems with mine with the 8's in it. Dealer did not want to do the 25's. It finally stalled in the middle of an intersection. I took it in and told them what happened. They would not give me my bike back until they put the 25's in. Seems they figured replacing the 8’s with 25’s was cheaper than getting sued if it happened again and I got hurt because of it. The Service Manager busted his south end and found a set of 25’s and got them in and I had my bike back within 36 hours. Went to a local brew house and got a $25 gift card for him. Now he bends over backwards to handle anything I want on my bike. Call it bribery if you want, I call it greasing the skids and I now get taken care of.

Had the dealer put the SE intake and Rinehart 2:1’s on it. Service Manager told me that when they do anything like an Intake and Exhaust they will put the 25’s in. But that is my dealer mileage may vary with yours.

Old 07-26-2006, 02:25 PM
afosterus
Intermediate

I finally go the dealer to change out my injectors. When I went by there without the bike and asked, sure no problem. Then I talked to service on the phone, still no problem bring it on in. When I got my boyfriend to take it in for me, they gave him a hard time. Two different service folks drove my bike and tried to say nothing was wrong with it. The service guys told him it was probably just because his female was lugging the gears. My boyfriend called me at work and I talked to the service department. After explaining that the bike was dying in intersections, surging when I ride through work (20 mph speed limit) and I guess if it died again in an intersection and something happened to me, my family would be well taken care of, they decided to fix it. My pipes on my bike were even turning blue. One service guy told me they would replace the pipes but that did not happen. Still fighting for that one.

Don't let them try and tell you your problem is because you probably don't let it warm up enough before you ride it like they did me. Before I found out about the Bullitin (from this forum), I had already told them about my dying/surging problem and wanted it fixed during my 1000 mile service. This was the answer I got out of them.

Old 07-28-2006, 05:55 AM
Slayer
Cruiser

Thanks so much for posting the bulletin and your experiences with the Stealership. My Street Bob has been lurching a bit on occasion while in the 15-25mph zone. I had heard something about an issue with the fuel system. Is this the only one? Also on a related note, on occasion when I'm opening the throttle the bike will occasionally lurch with a clunk sound which seems to emanate from the fuel tank. Think this is a separate issue from the fuel injectors? Thanks for any help!

Old 07-28-2006, 01:54 PM
BeavisRules
Road Master

No go for me at the dealer. The technician took it for a spin and said the lurching was normal. He also said it was from the bike having new slip-ons without the A/C or racing tuner and it was running lean.

I guess I am going to have to try another dealer.

Old 07-28-2006, 03:57 PM
Stanger
Road Master

Beavis,
That is just a load of crap!!! Dam I hate stealers. Lurching or surging caused by slipons? Oh hell no, I would have called him on that BS! If I was you, I would take a copy of the bulletin down there if you did not, ask to speak to the Service Man. When you first see him, let him see that you are not happy, then I would tell him that you were pulling out into traffic and the dam thing coughed and well lucky for you that time no one took you out, but next time ...... Then I would tell him what his useless skinrack of a tech. said (can you tell this subject is very touchy with me) and then hand him the bulletin and tell him to fix it or talk with your attourney, hopefully only about getting it fixed and not about an injury claim on them, god forbid. Dam I hate it when the stealer pulls this crap! If they still refuse, I would make sure that everyone within a half mile could hear me cussing them out and why, talk to every customer coming in or leaving and then find another dealer to talk with if possible. Worse case, if you still have the org. slipons, put them back on and have a buddy take it down there and do it all over again, or if you do not go off on them as I said to above then you take it back in with the org. slipons and see what happens then. If they still will not do anything, then go off!!!! I wish you all the luck in the world.
Funny thing is I take mine in on this next Tuesday and I have a wierd feeling that they may pull the same thing with me. I really hope not, or I will be posting here with how it all went down and the other dealer I take it to.

Old 07-28-2006, 06:02 PM
BeavisRules
Road Master

I hear ya.

I have a few free minutes this weekend and think I will put the original exhaust back on. The bike will be all stock and they can't say crap about it when it surges through the parking lot. With my luck the darn thing will probably not surge and he will be proven correct though. [:'(] I will give it a shot.

Old 07-29-2006, 01:14 AM
BeavisRules
Road Master

I printed out the bulletin and took it to the dealer on the other side of town (the actual dealership that sold me the bike) and explained to them the situation and who I talked to at their sister store. The service tech didn't ask any questions when I pulled the paper out of my pocket and scheduled me an appointment on the spot. I have to wait a couple of weeks to get the work done but at least there wasn't any hassle this time.

I guess it pays to print these things out and show it to them. He said that he has had a couple of bikes in lately with the exact same issue and they took care of it.

BTW - Thank you Stanger. Your post stirred me up and gave me the initiative to not take no for an answer.[sm=smiley20.gif]

Quick Reply: HD Service Bulletin M-1185, 8 deg to 25 deg injectors