Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rigid Solo Rack mounting outside fender struts?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2010 | 12:32 PM
bberck
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by gearedforacure
yea, I initially was going that route, but I was concerned with the weight capacity of the motherwell rack and it looks like there is a high probability of it chewing up your fender. I am also not sure how sturdy it is being mounted by two bolts in the center of the fender, not to any piece of the frame. Maybe those are unfounded concerns, but when I found a deal on the rigid rack I jumped on it.
I had one when I ran a solo seat and it would hold a good size bag. Packed enough on it for a 2 day trip with no problems. Had it on the bike for about 6 months and never messed the fender up.

Old 02-04-2010 | 12:53 PM
ColdCase
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by bberck
Have you thought about a motherwells rack. 2 screws and it comes off and doesnt leave anything on the bike. Just a thought if your idea doesnt work.

There are many riders out there using the motherwell rack without issue. If you are going to carry a lot of weight, or "tall/wide" items, these racks have a tendency to bend the fender, however.