Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speaking of saddlebags...

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 07:17 PM
wholbein
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speaking of saddlebags...

I want bags for extra space but little to no sign of them when I take them off to ride around town. Got any ideas?

Old 02-02-2010, 07:27 PM
A-10 KChawg
Tourer

Throw over bags. I've got an extra set. If interested, PM me.

Old 02-02-2010, 08:22 PM
freddyttt
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Quick connect does the trick. sissy, bags and windshield comes off in less then 3 min. if its just bags you want then less then 20 sec. on/off.!

Old 02-02-2010, 08:45 PM
robanna
Advanced

Like Freddy just said, the quick disconnect bags are the way I just went. They offer the versatility for traveling far from home, with stuff and to work, yet I can also quickly take off the bags for city living.

I didn't want to spend a lot of money so I looked at Ebay. Fortunately, I found the BEST deal I ever got on Ebay for a lightly used set of Bossbag #31s with two hang bags for the total price of $275 delivered! I couldn't believe my good fortunte, so I'd definitely hit ebay or the classifieds here.

Old 02-02-2010, 08:52 PM
BrentsterS
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by robanna
Like Freddy just said, the quick disconnect bags are the way I just went. They offer the versatility for traveling far from home, with stuff and to work, yet I can also quickly take off the bags for city living.

I didn't want to spend a lot of money so I looked at Ebay. Fortunately, I found the BEST deal I ever got on Ebay for a lightly used set of Bossbag #31s with two hang bags for the total price of $275 delivered! I couldn't believe my good fortunte, so I'd definitely hit ebay or the classifieds here.
I scan ebay for used Boss or Leather Pros. The last Boss bags went for 2 x's what you paid. The kicker is one had been scuffed pretty good. I'll buy yours for what you paid....take em off your hands.

Old 02-03-2010, 06:17 AM
robanna
Advanced

Originally Posted by BrentsterS
I scan ebay for used Boss or Leather Pros. The last Boss bags went for 2 x's what you paid. The kicker is one had been scuffed pretty good. I'll buy yours for what you paid....take em off your hands.
LOL...No chance! I still can't believe how lucky I got. I was also following that auction for the scuffed up Boss bags and they didn't even have the hang bags.

No sir, this is one of those rare moments when i actually got a good deal on something!

Old 02-03-2010, 09:38 AM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 487 Likes on 355 Posts

Ghost Brackets seem to be very popular. Easy on and easy off. Theres just times when you can't let how the bike looks overtake its practicallity.

Old 02-03-2010, 10:18 AM
Live2rideUtah
Tourer

+1 on the ghost brackets, I dont particulary like the look of bags on any bike but it sure makes it nice to be able to haul a bunch of stuff and not have to have friend who ride baggers

Old 02-03-2010, 10:18 AM
kudzu35
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

I picked the Kuryakyn Grand Throwover Saddlebags from a board member and put them on my bike for a bit. You can mount them under the seat or over if you just want to carr them off:

http://www.kuryakyn.com/index.cfm/go...ID/27/IMID/694

Old 02-03-2010, 10:36 AM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

i use this system. i powdered the brackets and the pegs on the bike, unelss you are really looking you would have no idea that they are on the bike,
http://www.edgeleather.com/Table/Har...yna/index.html

Quick Reply: Speaking of saddlebags...