Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speaking of saddlebags...

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 12:58 AM
kudzu35
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Minnesota FXDF
Kudzu,

How did they work out? They looked interesting because you could just throw them on with no brackets or hardware.
I haven't ridden with them yet but I don't forsee any problems. The user I bought them from and many reviews said they don't cause a problem with the shocks or turn signals. This is true. If you install them under the passenger seat then they're semi-permanent but you can always just get a turn screw and pop the seat off. They fit snug against the frame but don't interfere with any moving parts and I don't see them causing any scratches (my Fatty is black too). You can just throw them on your rear fender and go, there are clips for detaching the bags seperately or carrying them together. D-rings are available so you can attach a strap and tote them into your campsite, hotel room, or whatever.

They fit right infront?behind? the turn signals on the fender struts and come up to just about the *** of the front seat. They're pretty deep and have multiple compartments with an easy to reach drink compartment on the left hand side too. There's mesh net compartments on the inside of the lids so you can store other small items so they won't get lost in the bag. I'm gonna have them on my summer trip I got planned and for my Reserve duty I'll have in the coming months.

I didn't want to get detachable bags because I already have a detachable sissybar and that just looks like it'd be a pain in the rear. I also use the Kuraykyn Tombstone bag for short trips and to/from work because of the storage and the backrest. No bag on my bike stays there when I leave it unless cause I'm paranoid or I make it too difficult to get into and leave no valuables in there.

Old 02-04-2010, 01:28 AM
mikel61101
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought a set of throwovers and sliced them offjust before the zipper then drilled two holes in each side of my sissybar quik connect brackets then drilled matching holes approprietely marked through the bags and used 1/4 in holed out braces for strong support then put one down to hold the bags out from rubbing on the wheel nut and tearing up the inner outside of the bags and it takes about 10sec on and off with the sissybar... total cost of bags 59.99 from leather up and about 50 bucks worth of stainless steel parts to make it and a little time and worked out most excellent best part is there is no sign when they come off... and they definetely dont flap in the wind...

Old 02-04-2010, 08:15 AM
dreamer65
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

sitting here waiting for my leatherpros from jenni at Fairfeild HD. She gives good price on leatherpros.

Old 02-04-2010, 08:20 AM
FXD_Marine
Cruiser
Question

hey i already have the harley detachable hardware installed on my bike... are those ghost brackets compatable or no?

Old 02-04-2010, 08:55 AM
Minnesota FXDF
Cruiser

Originally Posted by kudzu35
I haven't ridden with them yet but I don't forsee any problems. The user I bought them from and many reviews said they don't cause a problem with the shocks or turn signals. This is true. If you install them under the passenger seat then they're semi-permanent but you can always just get a turn screw and pop the seat off. They fit snug against the frame but don't interfere with any moving parts and I don't see them causing any scratches (my Fatty is black too). You can just throw them on your rear fender and go, there are clips for detaching the bags seperately or carrying them together. D-rings are available so you can attach a strap and tote them into your campsite, hotel room, or whatever.

They fit right infront?behind? the turn signals on the fender struts and come up to just about the *** of the front seat. They're pretty deep and have multiple compartments with an easy to reach drink compartment on the left hand side too. There's mesh net compartments on the inside of the lids so you can store other small items so they won't get lost in the bag. I'm gonna have them on my summer trip I got planned and for my Reserve duty I'll have in the coming months.

I didn't want to get detachable bags because I already have a detachable sissybar and that just looks like it'd be a pain in the rear. I also use the Kuraykyn Tombstone bag for short trips and to/from work because of the storage and the backrest. No bag on my bike stays there when I leave it unless cause I'm paranoid or I make it too difficult to get into and leave no valuables in there.
Thanks for the good info. I think I will give these a try, they are a little expensive but what you described is what I want.

Old 02-04-2010, 09:35 AM
kudzu35
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Check on eBay or online. I haven't bought anything from Kuryakyn's site but have always gotten decent deals from eBay or other places people sell.

Old 02-04-2010, 03:07 PM
Pirate Boy
Tourer

Originally Posted by SURFOR Chop
Hey stranger ...

Long-time no-see ... where ya been ...? Did you ever see how my bike turned out ... (so far) ...? https://www.hdforums.com/forum/membe...-gedc0505.html

R/
'Chop (f.k.a. "Priest")
hi chop, been here and there , ya know how life take ya in different directions sometimes lol. been doing a lot of riding ( till the dang snow hit here), but ya i seen the pics of your bike, dude that is sweet. I hope to get mine similar to that one day. I been looking on here for info on your build but need to look a bit more, mostly the bags and engine guard but the front end is on my to do list that is bad ***. have a link for your build ?

sorry for the hijack there a bit :-)

peace
ride safe

Old 02-05-2010, 08:29 AM
wholbein
Intermediate

Thanks for everybody's help! I got a lot to think about now but first and foremost I'm getting out on my bike and riding all day. This is the first time this year that I have gotten my bike out. and/or