Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Risers Tweaked?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 05:47 PM
AstroGlide
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Risers Tweaked?

I noticed the other day as I was riding that my handlebars werent lined up right, meaning the throttle side is a little closer to me than the other side. I looked over the bars and using the front of the top tree as a straight line, I can see that the right riser sits back a little further. These are the stock risers with the full cover top clamp. I tried loosening the riser bolts, pulling the bars forward and re-tightening but that didnt work. Any ideas? Should I be looking for a bigger issue somewhere else? bike handles fine and rides true as far as I can tell...

Thanks Guys.

Old 02-01-2010, 05:52 PM
Shovelhead Jack
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The taller the risers the more these will tweak, the stock rubber riser busings don't help either. Turn you front end and give the bars a good twist to straighten 'em out and make sure the risers bolts are TIGHT! Might consider putting poly bushings in. I'm running 6" custom risers with individual clamps on my softail and they twist and turn real easy. Just gotta keep putting them back to center.

Old 02-01-2010, 06:32 PM
Taddeoeg
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Most every HD I've seen is at least a little bit cattywhampus in the forks. But it's worth checking out closely in addition to the prior poster's suggestions.

My 82 FXRS seemed just a tad bit off. Once I got looking at it very closely I found that one of the fork tubes was bent. Had to put a short straightedge between the trees to verify.

Just bought an 07 FXDB. Sat on it, give a 100 yard spin around the building, didn't notice a dang thing really wrong. Trucked it home and the next week took a 100 mile shake down ride. Noticed my right elbow was bent and my left arm straight. Hmmmm. Closer look, use of a square and straightedge and lo and behold, bars were bent. When I took them off and laid the bars on the workbench one side was 1-1/2" higher than the other.

Old 02-01-2010, 06:48 PM
07 dyna man
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

mine were tweaked alittle from the dealer prep,among other loose bolts here and there. loosin the clamp bolts for the bars on the throttle side and push the bars untill they look straight hold them as you tighten them up it worked for me