Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Horse power

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2006, 11:34 AM
mikec
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Horse power

I bought my '06 lowrider about 2 months ago and have spent about
2K on the pretty stuff "which my wife throws at me every chance she gets".
I've done nothing to add HP. I know new pipes, A/C is the first step. But
i'm not up on the computer stuff. Where do I get info on that. I don't
trust dealer input.

mikec

Old 07-23-2006, 07:51 PM
dlstanf2
Road Master
Default RE: Horse power

It's a $149.95 deal at the dealer to remap the ECU. I had the SE Stage 1 kit installed with the HD slip-on's and the remap during the 1K service.

Old 07-23-2006, 09:02 PM
baxter
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

a friend gave me at cost price for a new pc3. i installed it yesterday with the stock map already on it. throttle responce and idle seemed alot more steady. im going to put my samsons street sweepers on tommorow , wanted to see how the pc3 worked on a completely stock bike first. no engine light so far and all around driveability feels improved although i havent been on the freeway to test the high end but i suspect a better performance at high speeds and hopefully faster excelleration above 90mph. easily installed and i leave the usb cable pluged in and tucked into the fuse box for easy access because its a pain in the *** to get the thing plugged in. i never delt with carborators except the sportster. i used to tune and modify my old wrx that ran 12.6 in the quarter with bolt ons a stand alone and 22 psi of boost. i love the fact i can plug in my labtop and customize my bikes performance... not to mention it looks incredibly impressive to friends and girls respect you more when they see how nifty you are. lol jk

Old 07-24-2006, 12:35 AM
stc13
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ask yourself what exactly you want from the bike BEFORE you start modifying it
have a plan research all your options this forum is a good place to start in the tec section
I made the mistake of thinking I would just add pipes and stage 1 kit
the ecm flash down load from harley is a waste of money I learned this the hard way
1)get a decent set of pipes YOU like
2)upgrade your air intake
3)get a power commander 3 OR a SERT (screaming eagle race tuner)
4)get the bike dyno tuned

and tell your wife your about to drop at least another G on the bike

Old 07-24-2006, 11:24 AM
mikec
Road Captain

Oh, I don't want to tell here that LOL.
Thanks for the input.

mikec

Old 07-24-2006, 12:43 PM
Spectrexx
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I agree with stc13. Those are the basics, and later you may want to do head work and cams. Also, horsepower is not something you want to worry about with a Harley. TORQUE is what you want! High HP numbers don't come into play until above 5252 rpm. Unless you regularly ride at those engine speeds, I wouldn't worry about it. If you do mostly street riding (not drag racing), then you'll want it set up to give you the most torque in the 1500-4000 rpm range. There are two things that are critical in controlling where your most torque will be.... the exhaust and the cams. For the best street performance, you'll want a good 2-1 exhaust system and cams with low duration with intake valves closing in the 30-40 deg. range. That will give you stump-pulling torque right where you need it. If you want a 2-2 exhaust, your best bet is the Cycle Shack slip-ons, the Bartels system, or the Python 3 exhaust. Those are about the out of all the 2-2 systems that will deliver the most low and mid range torque.