Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust reccomendation needed

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2006, 10:55 AM
Foxxx
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust reccomendation needed

I would like to chenge the exhaust on my '06 Dyna, really just because I want a stronger sound. I'm happy with the way it works and don't want to buy a download if I can avoid it. I would like something that is shorter than the stock pipes, louder than stock but not as loud as straight pipes, and that won't affect the operation too much... no backfiring.

Can anyone suggest what alternatives I should consider? I've heard the HD slip-ons available now don't improve the sound much.

Thanks for your help.

Old 07-23-2006, 12:11 PM
dlstanf2
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: Exhaust reccomendation needed

I've put the SE stage I performance kit on my 06 Dyna. It really improved the performance. However, I went with the HD Slip-On's and while I'm not disappointed with the performance, I am disappointed with the sound and the looks. Sounds like a glorified moped. Reinhart makes the best sounding slip-on's. You really should go for the SE filter kit and remapping. I'm planning on going to the Bassani 2 into 1 before long. They look great.

Old 07-23-2006, 12:42 PM
grunt
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get the V&H Big/Long shots and have a remap done (even tho u do not want to). The pipes sound great, and the remap will help.

Old 07-23-2006, 02:53 PM
GOODEBOB
4th Gear

Vance and Hines Big shoot staggereds get my vote!!!! Sound is unmatched and the performance is great too!!! If you like shorter pipes they do make a short shot staggered also. It is all personal preferance I guess! Good luck and get the pipes soooooon and you will be glad you did!

Old 07-23-2006, 05:23 PM
voyager1
Outstanding HDF Member

i have s.e.2/slip on's . i really like the sounds. not to load,but,loud .

Old 07-24-2006, 12:58 AM
SUPER01
Road Warrior

Cycle Shack tapered slip-on mufflers. Look stock, sound great and a couple inches shorter than stock and a lot lighter.

[IMG]local://upfiles/4468/87A8FAE4FA4C4560BFA00E73FFC910B2.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-24-2006, 01:55 AM
clayman
Road Master

i just put the V&H BSS on my bob and have now taken them off and went back to the se slipons. Although i like the look of the V&H, i was not impressed with the supposed performance gains and the sound wasnt that great, I like a load pipe but would perfer a deeper sound and opposed to the BSS kinda bappy sound. I found that the slip ons performed better, so in my opinion dont waste your money the V&H.

Old 07-24-2006, 03:05 AM
wlbowers
Stellar HDF Member

Received 101 Likes on 44 Posts

ORIGINAL: Foxxx

I would like to chenge the exhaust on my '06 Dyna, really just because I want a stronger sound. I'm happy with the way it works and don't want to buy a download if I can avoid it. I would like something that is shorter than the stock pipes, louder than stock but not as loud as straight pipes, and that won't affect the operation too much... no backfiring.

Can anyone suggest what alternatives I should consider? I've heard the HD slip-ons available now don't improve the sound much.

Thanks for your help.

If you change the air fuel ratios at all you have to remap. More air in or less back pressure, or both is gonna require a download.

Old 07-24-2006, 08:52 AM
jmbear328
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a set of Dyno Power tapered slipons and paid under $125 for them after S&H. They look like the stock tapered mufflers but they sound really good and the price makes them sound even better. I had a chance to compare my Dyno Power slipons with a set of Cycle Shack slipons, which more people have probably heard of, and they look identical in everyway that I can see on the inside and outside. Good luck,..

John

Old 07-24-2006, 11:07 AM
hammerhd
Advanced

Love my Samson BG3 Street Sweepers. Installed PCIII and SE A/C too. Nice deep sound, great long look.

Quick Reply: Exhaust reccomendation needed