Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Slip ons-do you have to do full stage 1 or not?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 04:27 PM
FLYSBY
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Wink Nice

Originally Posted by heywood727
I had done just the BUB7 Slipon's with out changing the A/C. I did however add the Vied's from Nightrider.

It's true, if you change only the pipes, you won't need to change anything. I did , to a small extent, have a little surging. The Vied's are adjustable. They just fool the ECM into thinking it's running a little lean and richen's it up just enough. Also the Vied's have adjustment from 13.8 to 14.3 AFR. You can play with them a bit to see what works for you. I usually ran them at 14.2:1 AFR. Made the bike run better IMHO.

They're cheap. $120. If all you want is pipes, this would be my suggestion to you. Go with the slipon's first. Then if you feel it surge a little, go with the Vied's. Popping on decel isn't always a condition of being too lean. Sometimes it's an exhaust leak.

Seem's your dealer has $$$ in their eyes. Really.
I was sold on the Rush slip ons but the slipons on your bobber are very nice. How do they sound? They look great.

Old 01-30-2010, 06:11 PM
WDHGS
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rush Slip-ons

I added 1.5" Rush slip-ons to my '09 Fat Bob--it took about 400-450 miles to break them in and now they sound great!! No other mods were necessary. When I add a stage 1 kit this summer I'll also add the power commander, etc.

Old 01-30-2010, 06:11 PM
heywood727
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really like them a lot. I'm running BUB7 TD's on the RG and The BUB7 slipons on the SB. If you notice they are different how they roll out. Not Slash up/ down or baloney cut. They roll out where the tip is at 10 o'clock and open at 5.

Here's a couple of video's that I have of them. One on it's own and one compaired to the TD's. The video doen't do it justice.Even with a sub woofer. Believe it or not, the slipon's are actually louder than the TD's until you get on them. They are also very deep. Think close to thunderheader deep. A sound that no others have. You'll get noticed where ever you go.

Here's the links. tell me what you think:

http://s268.photobucket.com/albums/j...1.flv&newest=1

2 or 3 video's

Last edited by heywood727; 01-30-2010 at 06:15 PM.
Old 01-30-2010, 06:23 PM
Taddeoeg
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Chatham NY!?!?!?!?

First off, hey neighbor! Chatham HS class of 71 and my lil bro still lives there off Rt 203. We lived in Chatham Center back in the day.

Picked up an 07 Street Bob 3 weeks ago. Had Vance and Hines Shortshots on it and nothing else - stock air cleaner, no Stage 1 download, nothing. Ran fine but was way too loud for my old ears (see graduation date above ) but backfired like hell when I let off the throttle.

The a/c is the main restriction on a new bike, so either Rush or SE slips ons should run fine with no other changes. Same thing happened to me at the local dealership today. I want to put a stock Crossbones air cleaner on my SB cause I prefer the round look to the football. The resident "Chrome Consultant" spent 5 minutes telling me how stupid I was and that I really needed SE a/c, pipes, a race tuner, and a bunch of other crap designed to do nothing quite so effective as separating my wallet from its contents. Listened politely then just as politely told him to go f...k himself.

Old 01-30-2010, 06:26 PM
FLYSBY
Outstanding HDF Member

I really like them a lot. I'm running BUB7 TD's on the RG and The BUB7 slipons on the SB. If you notice they are different how they roll out. Not Slash up/ down or baloney cut. They roll out where the tip is at 10 o'clock and open at 5.

Here's a couple of video's that I have of them. One on it's own and one compaired to the TD's. The video doen't do it justice.Even with a sub woofer. Believe it or not, the slipon's are actually louder than the TD's until you get on them. They are also very deep. Think close to thunderheader deep. A sound that no others have. You'll get noticed where ever you go.

Here's the links. tell me what you think:

http://s268.photobucket.com/albums/j...1.flv&newest=1

2 or 3 video's
Those pipes sound great. Glad I saw the video though because it looks like they're too wide to fit under my bags, possibly.
By the way, are those loafers you're wearing. Thought those are outlawed shoes for bad *** bikers....lol
Thanks a lot for the video

Old 01-30-2010, 06:31 PM
US66harley
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I ran with 2" rush for 3 months with no tuner or remap and was fine. You wont need anything else unless you improve the air intake. The sensors will make up the difference for just pipes. Sounds like they where doing some up selling if you didn't mention anything about better performance.

Old 01-30-2010, 06:31 PM
FLYSBY
Outstanding HDF Member
Cool small world

Originally Posted by Taddeoeg
First off, hey neighbor! Chatham HS class of 71 and my lil bro still lives there off Rt 203. We lived in Chatham Center back in the day.

Picked up an 07 Street Bob 3 weeks ago. Had Vance and Hines Shortshots on it and nothing else - stock air cleaner, no Stage 1 download, nothing. Ran fine but was way too loud for my old ears (see graduation date above ) but backfired like hell when I let off the throttle.

The a/c is the main restriction on a new bike, so either Rush or SE slips ons should run fine with no other changes. Same thing happened to me at the local dealership today. I want to put a stock Crossbones air cleaner on my SB cause I prefer the round look to the football. The resident "Chrome Consultant" spent 5 minutes telling me how stupid I was and that I really needed SE a/c, pipes, a race tuner, and a bunch of other crap designed to do nothing quite so effective as separating my wallet from its contents. Listened politely then just as politely told him to go f...k himself.
I didn't have the knowledge to tell "Chrome Consultant" off. Just stood there with my mouth hanging open until husband drug me away to show me all the cool goodies he was going to buy for his bike. Must be part of the dealership training school mantra.
Unbelieveable that someone actually knows where Chatham actually is. Bet you get to ride more than 4 months out of the year now.

Old 01-30-2010, 06:35 PM
heywood727
Road Master

Flip flops I think? I have my moments. Lol. No one seen me.

The bracket at the bottom of the top pipe is stock. The mufflers are approx. 3". Take a measurement from that bracket to the bottom of your bags and see?

Old 01-30-2010, 06:38 PM
JoeGrapes
Advanced

Ok, I have a '07 Dyna Custom with SE slipon's and KN air filter. No other mods. I also have a tech artical from American Iron Magazine where they did the exact same to a '09 Dyna Custom. They say the fuel injection will adjust on it's own. Granted, the stock system is set to a lean 14.7 AFR so to get the maximum power you will need to get that down to about 13.5 AFR and to do that you need some kind of fuel management device or reprograming. I've run mine for a year without any popping or noticable heat differance at all. With those two mods the bike will run just as it was designed to run.

Old 01-30-2010, 06:40 PM
FLYSBY
Outstanding HDF Member

Flip flops I think? I have my moments. Lol. No one seen me.

The bracket at the bottom of the top pipe is stock. The mufflers are approx. 3". Take a measurement from that bracket to the bottom of your bags and see?
I will definitely check it out.

Quick Reply: Slip ons-do you have to do full stage 1 or not?