Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

V&H Fuelpak: Has anyone installed on a Bob?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2006 | 07:38 PM
2_dogs
|
Advanced
Default V&H Fuelpak: Has anyone installed on a Bob?

I know you have hogrida. Has anyone done it and not had to make modifications?

Thanks

Old 07-23-2006 | 01:26 PM
wayne3724
Intermediate
Default RE: V&H Fuelpak: Has anyone installed on a Bob?

Throw it away and buy a PCIII. The Fuelpak wont fit in the Dyna and V&H were no help at all. I have another one if you want two that won't fit!

Old 07-23-2006 | 01:57 PM
2_dogs
|
Advanced

wayne:

I got it to fit after 2 days and no modifications. There is one little trick that the instructions failed to mention.

I was close to use the PC or SERT. Last night I decided to try one more time. I figured that the V&H's RD people had made one work in a BOB so I should be able to. Low and behold in about 20 minutes I had it in there. Setting up the Fuelpak was a piece of cake. I rode it and it did great. I'm happy for now.

Old 07-23-2006 | 02:25 PM
WillieC
Road Master

ORIGINAL: 2_dogs

wayne:

I got it to fit after 2 days and no modifications. There is one little trick that the instructions failed to mention.

I was close to use the PC or SERT. Last night I decided to try one more time. I figured that the V&H's RD people had made one work in a BOB so I should be able to. Low and behold in about 20 minutes I had it in there. Setting up the Fuelpak was a piece of cake. I rode it and it did great. I'm happy for now.
Can your share the "little trick" with us ?

I am thinking about getting one too.

Thanks !
WillieC

Old 07-23-2006 | 02:35 PM
2_dogs
|
Advanced

The trick is simply twisting a certain wire to make it fit in a certain place and at a certain time in the installation. If you get one we'll hook up on the phone and I'll walk you through it. It would take me 3 days to explain it without you actually seeing it for yourself. I'm just not that word-savvy.

I have read a lot of negative comments about the Fuelpak here on this site but I'm happy so far. I only rode for about an hour last night so I don't have a real solid opinion just yet.

Let me know if you get one. Hell, you're probably smarter than me and it will be a breeze!

Old 07-23-2006 | 09:14 PM
Darkcloud
Cruiser

I have the Fuelpak. The hardest part was geting the stupid thing to fit. Took me hour and a half to install. Took the bike out today,runs great.(so far)

Old 07-23-2006 | 11:58 PM
Hell Boy
Intermediate

2 Dogs,

One Dealer tells me the fuel pak won't work on the 06 StreetBob, another tells me it will, obviously if you have it installed it will work. Just curious what pipes you have? Do you have a remap also? or are you a running stock ecm? Any chance of taking and posting some digital pics of where the Fuel pak sits and the wires you had to move.

At this point I have a set of big Radius Pipes on my Bob, with a high flow A/C and the stock ( no remap) on the ecm. The Dealer says they are having a problem with the remaps. My bike runs lean and hot so I,m interested in the Fuel Pak.

Rick

Old 07-24-2006 | 12:13 AM
Darkcloud
Cruiser

I have V&H slipons. I'll try to take pics this week.

Old 07-24-2006 | 01:04 AM
2_dogs
|
Advanced

Hell Boy:

I installed the Shortshots Staggered. And VH does make the Fuelpak for the Bob and it will fit. I did nothing with a remap- just install the Fuelpak, set the numbers and go. I just rode for 3 hours and it worked great.

http://www.gopartsdirect.com/2005/it...Placeholder=12

I ran my bike without the Fuelpak and it ran like yours is running. There are a lot of guys here who don't like the Fuelpak but it's working for me. Getting it to fit was a pain.

I would be glad to post some pictures under my seat (that sounds kinky and illegal in some states). I'm going to El Paso to work this week and am going to WallyWorld and buy a digital camera. I'll take some pics and post them later in the week.

Old 07-24-2006 | 10:19 AM
HOGRIDA_06
Outstanding HDF Member

I'll try to get some pick's this week also so we can compare the set up under our seats.

I finally talked to someone at V&H on Friday. They gave me a new number for mode 17 and it has fixed my stalling problem. My bike also ran great for the first few hundred miles after installing the FP, then the stalling issue started. Now that that problem is fix we'll see what comes up next. There too many variables that make all of our bike run different. The Fuel Pak would be much better if V&H would tell us what each mode controlles. I believe the FP is tunable, it's just that no one seems to know how to do it.

Quick Reply: V&H Fuelpak: Has anyone installed on a Bob?