Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New 16" ape install finally finished!! (Pics)

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2010 | 01:09 PM
revolution
Road Captain

Bike looks great and the front fender... +1 on what everyone else has already said.

Old 01-30-2010 | 02:44 PM
m i k e
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by jp8junky
I'm thinking about moving to a set of 16" ape hangers to replace the stock 12" ones on my 09 Crossbones. The ones I'm considering are from road6customs. They are already knurled and dimpled for internally wirring and specific to springer front ends. They are 1" bars so I shouldn't need new risers. Ok, here is my question...
What am I missing here? what do I need to know about internally wiring the bars? special items for controls? Master cylinder mounting? Wire length? Just trying to see if this is going to turn into one of those projects thats going to empty my wallet. The bars are $140.00 and I figure spending $100 or less on grips, maybe a $100 on hand brake/clutch levers....what am I missing?
clutch cable,throttl/idle cable, fluids,gaskets,gotta torque wrench? those help
could run over 400 or so....service manual? good luck

Old 01-30-2010 | 02:59 PM
m i k e
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by FUQUA
It's guys like M I K E that keep this forum worth posting in. He literally could have just saved my life. Now i have the option to get these welded correctly or inspect for cracks before riding each time.....thanks M I K E!!

We're hitting Daytona Bike week at the end of Febuary thats the last thing i need....thanks!!
get some good pics on the way

Old 01-30-2010 | 04:11 PM
FUQUA
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by jp8junky
I'm thinking about moving to a set of 16" ape hangers to replace the stock 12" ones on my 09 Crossbones. The ones I'm considering are from road6customs. They are already knurled and dimpled for internally wirring and specific to springer front ends. They are 1" bars so I shouldn't need new risers. Ok, here is my question...
What am I missing here? what do I need to know about internally wiring the bars? special items for controls? Master cylinder mounting? Wire length? Just trying to see if this is going to turn into one of those projects thats going to empty my wallet. The bars are $140.00 and I figure spending $100 or less on grips, maybe a $100 on hand brake/clutch levers....what am I missing?

Like M I K E said,all longer cable's and brake line w/ banjo bolts
(need to know what degree). New wires or wire extensions. The best thing to do is(IMO) to get the bars mount them, then mount you levers and switch housings so you can measure and see how long to order you cables....ect Oh yeah pick up a **** load of patience while you at the store as well you'll need it.

Old 01-30-2010 | 05:32 PM
jshull
Road Master

Oh yeah pick up a **** load of patience while you at the store as well you'll need it.
amen to that, i am in the process of finishing up my 16" chubby gimp install, it is such a bitch...but so very well worth it, ur bike does look killer.

Old 01-30-2010 | 06:03 PM
SURFOR Chop
Elite HDF Member

Hahaha......just Duct it!!! It's good up too 200mph!!!!
No ... instead of duct tape use "High-Speed" tape ....

R/
'Chop

Old 01-30-2010 | 07:33 PM
crooky
Cruiser

Lovin it !!!...... the red cables look sweet.

Last edited by crooky; 01-30-2010 at 10:15 PM.
Old 01-30-2010 | 09:32 PM
Gunnus
Stage I

THe Bike's looking gnarly my brother! Loooovin the new apes!!! Good choice.

Old 01-31-2010 | 12:23 PM
CountryPunk
Road Warrior

I liked the other bars better, without a doubt, but these look great as well. I can't help but think how much better the whole thing would look with black cables. I can live with the wheel stripes, they're a nice flair, but the cables are TOO much for me.

Old 01-31-2010 | 12:33 PM
AFONE
Road Captain

I'm diggin the look... well done.

Quick Reply: New 16" ape install finally finished!! (Pics)