Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New 16" ape install finally finished!! (Pics)

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2010 | 12:07 AM
m i k e
Ultimate HDF Member

i guess the (weld) if thats what ya call it was crap

Old 01-30-2010 | 12:34 AM
RoadShark
Road Captain

I like em Mucho!

Old 01-30-2010 | 08:53 AM
FUQUA
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by m i k e
i already complimented you, but i also have to warn you

i had these bars i also posted up a thread from acmotors(where i got em)
my hope is that yours are made better than mine 75mph on the hi-way
and mine broke if ya feel alot of vibration there cracked
Holy **** that just looks scary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks for the heads up...i might strip the m and have them welded.

Old 01-30-2010 | 09:13 AM
m i k e
Ultimate HDF Member

good idea i actually gave mine to powder pro joe,hes gunna do the same!

Old 01-30-2010 | 09:49 AM
FUQUA
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by m i k e
good idea i actually gave mine to powder pro joe,hes gunna do the same!
It's guys like M I K E that keep this forum worth posting in. He literally could have just saved my life. Now i have the option to get these welded correctly or inspect for cracks before riding each time.....thanks M I K E!!

We're hitting Daytona Bike week at the end of Febuary thats the last thing i need....thanks!!

Old 01-30-2010 | 10:05 AM
Lundee
Outstanding HDF Member

holy ****! I'd take them off and have someone TIG weld them. good looking out m i k e.
FUQUA. I wouldn't trust just inspecting those weld while they may look good before you leave an hour or two of viberating at 75 might snap'em. Theres always duct tape

Old 01-30-2010 | 10:43 AM
FUQUA
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by Lundee
holy ****! I'd take them off and have someone TIG weld them. good looking out m i k e.
FUQUA. I wouldn't trust just inspecting those weld while they may look good before you leave an hour or two of viberating at 75 might snap'em. Theres always duct tape
Hahaha......just Duct it!!! It's good up too 200mph!!!!

Old 01-30-2010 | 12:41 PM
MDStbob
Tourer

Looks Great
Jim

Old 01-30-2010 | 12:44 PM
jp8junky
1st Gear

I'm thinking about moving to a set of 16" ape hangers to replace the stock 12" ones on my 09 Crossbones. The ones I'm considering are from road6customs. They are already knurled and dimpled for internally wirring and specific to springer front ends. They are 1" bars so I shouldn't need new risers. Ok, here is my question...
What am I missing here? what do I need to know about internally wiring the bars? special items for controls? Master cylinder mounting? Wire length? Just trying to see if this is going to turn into one of those projects thats going to empty my wallet. The bars are $140.00 and I figure spending $100 or less on grips, maybe a $100 on hand brake/clutch levers....what am I missing? the ones I'm getting look alot like the ones on A-10 KChawg has

Old 01-30-2010 | 12:45 PM
jp8junky
1st Gear
Default Moving up to 16" ers 09 Crossbones

I'm thinking about moving to a set of 16" ape hangers to replace the stock 12" ones on my 09 Crossbones. The ones I'm considering are from road6customs. They are already knurled and dimpled for internally wirring and specific to springer front ends. They are 1" bars so I shouldn't need new risers. Ok, here is my question...
What am I missing here? what do I need to know about internally wiring the bars? special items for controls? Master cylinder mounting? Wire length? Just trying to see if this is going to turn into one of those projects thats going to empty my wallet. The bars are $140.00 and I figure spending $100 or less on grips, maybe a $100 on hand brake/clutch levers....what am I missing?

Quick Reply: New 16" ape install finally finished!! (Pics)