Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New 16" ape install finally finished!! (Pics)

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2010 | 10:31 AM
FUQUA
|
Road Master

Thanks for the comments!!

1) Lot of people asking about the Fender. I bought it a raw large chunk of metal from KC.International Then it took about three weeks to complete,
Had to cut the shapes for the front and sides,then design and fab side mount brackets because no one makes them for dyna's
(as far as i could tell) Lot of work but turned out great!

2) Z-bars Bought from American Classic Motors. Had powdercoated black.

3)Barnett Cables. Then bought Red Flex-pro cable sleeve from J&P Cycle
Then used Black heat shrink cut to exact length to bond shrinkwrap to cables. (Tedious but worth it)

As far as internal wireing it was really easy had no problem. I used a vacum and a shoe string, sucked the string from the top to the bottom. Taped the wire to the shoe string put a little tire shine on the wires and pulled the **** out of them....lol

Old 01-29-2010 | 11:11 AM
JRK5892
Banned

looks great!!!!

Old 01-29-2010 | 11:23 AM
Lundee
Outstanding HDF Member

I did the same thing but had to remove the plastic sheeting so when I pulled the wires they hung up on a burr in the bars and shorted out my junk. Looks sick man.

Old 01-29-2010 | 11:24 AM
HOGRIDA_06
Outstanding HDF Member

Looks great man, nice job. I really like the red cables, I have a feeling we'll be seeing more and more colored cables in the future. No springs huh? ooch!

Old 01-29-2010 | 12:18 PM
FUQUA
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by Lundee
I did the same thing but had to remove the plastic sheeting so when I pulled the wires they hung up on a burr in the bars and shorted out my junk. Looks sick man.
I removed the sheething as well....and was able to slide the majority of it back up through the trees back on. I cant imagine doing yours with those razor sharp bends......Looks BADASS!!!!!!!

Hogrida...........yes sir Struts....i like to think of it as: Im one with the road.........LMAO!!!

Old 01-29-2010 | 12:40 PM
J-RoX
Cruiser

i used an old wallet chain. works amazing!

i gotta add another +1 on the cables and fender. bitch'n

Old 01-29-2010 | 01:42 PM
Lundee
Outstanding HDF Member

Those wern't a pain. Them friggin z in this pic sucked my a$$ I sold them to a guy on the condition I got his old switches and he could have mine already wired. I don't think he realized he got the good end of that deal. He thought I was trying to rip him off. Sorry not hijacked man. Back on subject love them rims too.

Attached Thumbnails New 16" ape install finally finished!!  (Pics)-mim-s-bike-show-09-032.jpg  
Old 01-29-2010 | 01:49 PM
FUQUA
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by Lundee
Those wern't a pain. Them friggin z in this pic sucked my a$$ I sold them to a guy on the condition I got his old switches and he could have mine already wired. I don't think he realized he got the good end of that deal. He thought I was trying to rip him off. Sorry not hijacked man. Back on subject love them rims too.
Lol....i could imagine!! Your bikes so badass you could put a f-kin broomstick through the riser and it would look good!!!

Thanks !!

Old 01-29-2010 | 01:58 PM
mudbeast2
Tourer

Looks sweet, great choice.

Old 01-29-2010 | 02:29 PM
Live2rideUtah
Tourer

very nice man, love the combination with red accents, very clean lookin bike. Hell of a job on the bars and that fender.

Quick Reply: New 16" ape install finally finished!! (Pics)