Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power Commander or Vance and Hines Fuel Pak

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 03:56 PM
ColdCase
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
I am not sure what you are basing your opinions on, or the sources you are getting your information from. The Power Commander works excellent for providing a great tune and this has been well proven. It does far more than "dump fuel" as you state, in reality it can add 250% or remove 100% fuel at a very high resolution. The PC-V has 240 tuning ponts per cylinder for fuel, igntion timing and AFR. With PC-V you can build maps individually for all 6 gears and by doing so this would give you 2880 individual tuning points (5760 tuning points if you use the Auto Tune module) There are various tables to control other functions such as startup enrichment or enleanment, you also have the ability to use a map switch to change between multiple maps, add dual Wideband O2 sensors with the Auto Tune module for real time tuning to the AFR you specify, the PC-V also has a configurable input channel which is useful if you have a boosted motor and want to add a 2 bar map sensor and configure it. These are all features that are not available with other EFI tuning platforms. We use the PC-V on everything from stock Harley's to 300 Hp turbo Suzuki GSXR's. As far as primitive technology, the Harley ECM is actually old technology itself compared to the control systems on the latest japanese bikes we work with.
Sorry, just summarizing what I've read over in the more independent tuning forums. Well known there. I didnt mean to give the impression that the PCV was not much more sophisticated as the V&H fuel pack... or didn't work well as far as it goes... but it is far from the capability you get from the Delphi before the PCV cripples it.

There is a lot of coolaid being dumped on this forum, and some may be drinking it and trying to convince others to join in.

The PCV is great for what it is, a quick cheap power tune, works well for the price point, but suffers from what all add on packages do. They are certainly good enough and at one time the PCxx was the only choice, but times have changed. I've used PCs on my Ducatis before programing their ECU directly became practical.

Why are other brands of ECUs mentioned here, implying the PCV is as sophisticated as those Japanese units and as if those Japanese ECUs are available for the Harley? Marketing dribble perhaps?... Is General Motors (delphi) so far behind the times? On the subject of marketing, the wideband sensors appear to be more about marketing too, looks good on paper but provide no advantage in practice to the HD application on the street or strip. The technology is just not there in spite of what all the coolaid salesmen imply.

The PVC seems to provide a lot for the price, but the features pales in comparison to current features of even the stock Delphi system... or the TMax I think.

Those of you considering the PC products, they do their job well, providing more fuel, a more fun to drive ride but careful about drinking the coolaid. You don't have to give up any features just to save $200 on a $15000 bike... If you care to do your research, check over in the non sponsored forums, where many independent views are expressed.

I'm going to take a nap.

Old 04-28-2010, 06:33 AM
Harlen Vega
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fuelmoto hooked me up with the new PCV. Outstanding unit!

Old 04-28-2010, 06:42 AM
SlickTrickSG
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fuel moto all the way.

Old 04-28-2010, 07:34 PM
por2gezo
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was also on a budget and just did a STAGE 1 download at the dealer ... ran me $160 and the Bike runs 10 times better !