Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power Commander or Vance and Hines Fuel Pak

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 12:00 PM
ColdCase
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by harleytuner
... Fuel pack and XIED's are primitive. I'm surprised that stuff is even on the market.... All's XIED's do is change the input singal to the ECU to make it think it's getting to much air and the ECU dumps more fuel. Pretty simple stuff, definitely not rocket science.
The PCV is actually primitive piggyback technology too, although dressed up and more sophisticated than the Fuel Pack. They just blindly dump fuel also.

You will find many happy customers here with any of the systems and many post here from those that have had problems, especially those that ride in the rain and did not count for it during install.

When deciding on going to piggyback versus retuning the ECU directly, you have to ask yourself: why cripple the ECU and settle for less than the best street tune just to save $100 on a $15000 bike? It just doesn't make sense to me.

Old 01-27-2010, 02:28 PM
beerly
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

for a stage 1, PCV is all you need. If you plan on doings cams, big bore etc.. I'd do the TTS. All depends on your future plans.

Old 01-27-2010, 03:42 PM
LWOS
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

PCIII & Stage I on my scoot when the V&H's were installed.

Old 01-27-2010, 04:44 PM
daBreeze
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the guy that dyno'd my bike could not believe how close to perfect the preloaded map was that Jamie at fuel-moto loaded on my PCV a couple of weeks ago. Said he had never seen one that was that close-real noticeable difference when i twist the throttle too!!!

Old 01-27-2010, 05:05 PM
gixxer6285
6th Gear

Thank you all for your input I am going with the PCV from fuel moto talked to them today.

Old 01-27-2010, 06:15 PM
DMV11982
Cruiser

Gixxer, let me know how you like it man! I am going to be ordering one for my Street Bob as soon as I get my tax return!!

Old 01-27-2010, 06:56 PM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by ColdCase
The PCV is actually primitive piggyback technology too, although dressed up and more sophisticated than the Fuel Pack. They just blindly dump fuel also.

You will find many happy customers here with any of the systems and many post here from those that have had problems, especially those that ride in the rain and did not count for it during install.

When deciding on going to piggyback versus retuning the ECU directly, you have to ask yourself: why cripple the ECU and settle for less than the best street tune just to save $100 on a $15000 bike? It just doesn't make sense to me.
Have to disagree abit, PCV is alot more advanced than fuel pack. It doesn't just "blindly dump fuel in", it is fully tunable, blindly dumping fuel would imply that it just throws a certain amount of fuel all the time. Doesn't really matter to me, I run the SERT and wouldn't trade it for anything, maybe the SEST, but that would be it. I have tuned PCIII's, PCV's, SERT and SEST and a couple more. The actual tuners can all get the job done, I have installed the Fuel Pack on and made some A/F passes just to see, it is what it is is all I can say. Not impressed at all but it does what it claims. I personally wouldn't put one on anything I own, but that's a preference.

Old 01-27-2010, 09:05 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,162 Likes on 1,355 Posts

Originally Posted by ColdCase

I am not sure what you are basing your opinions on, or the sources you are getting your information from. The Power Commander works excellent for providing a great tune and this has been well proven. It does far more than "dump fuel" as you state, in reality it can add 250% or remove 100% fuel at a very high resolution. The PC-V has 240 tuning ponts per cylinder for fuel, igntion timing and AFR. With PC-V you can build maps individually for all 6 gears and by doing so this would give you 2880 individual tuning points (5760 tuning points if you use the Auto Tune module) There are various tables to control other functions such as startup enrichment or enleanment, you also have the ability to use a map switch to change between multiple maps, add dual Wideband O2 sensors with the Auto Tune module for real time tuning to the AFR you specify, the PC-V also has a configurable input channel which is useful if you have a boosted motor and want to add a 2 bar map sensor and configure it. These are all features that are not available with other EFI tuning platforms. We use the PC-V on everything from stock Harley's to 300 Hp turbo Suzuki GSXR's. As far as primitive technology, the Harley ECM is actually old technology itself compared to the control systems on the latest japanese bikes we work with.

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Last edited by fuelmoto; 01-27-2010 at 09:07 PM.
Old 01-27-2010, 10:10 PM
DMV11982
Cruiser

FuelMoto, as if I was not convinced enough before, it is 100% confirmed now!! PC V here I come!!! WOOHOOOOO

Old 04-25-2010, 11:46 AM
firegrunt
3rd Gear

Hey fuel moto im deciding between sampson duals( the new black ceramic
4 inch dia) or the v & h true duAls, you have set up for both?
Any suggestions which one is better?

Quick Reply: Power Commander or Vance and Hines Fuel Pak