Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fxd handlebars or risers?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2010 | 08:55 AM
watchluvr4ever
Road Captain

I think the stock buckhorn bars are perfect! To each their own I guess.

Old 03-03-2010 | 11:24 AM
whitepony
Intermediate

Buckhorns are horrable after 100 miles or a good windy road you'll hate them too.

Old 03-03-2010 | 11:47 AM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by krjoseph
Thanks for the pics, Expy. I just got an 09 FXD, love the bike, but hate the bars. Been riding a Buell, so I'm used to wide, low, flat bars. I thought the Sporty bars looked more to my liking, your pics make me pretty sure it will be better than the bullhorn bars.
the ones on a nightster are the same bars as what came stock on my 05 fxdc(except nightster's are black). I believe that's what expy has. so you can get the part # for an 05 fxdc if you want chrome bars, or get the nightster bars if you want black. A dremmel an 1/2 hour of your time, you can internally wire em for a much cleaner look. I found them to be comfortable.

Old 03-03-2010 | 04:30 PM
TR1
Intermediate

3.75 riser and a kinda flat bar. The speedo wires are a bit tight on a full lock right turn....

Attached Thumbnails Fxd handlebars or risers?-bars.jpg  
Old 03-03-2010 | 04:59 PM
Ring
Advanced

Originally Posted by expy
This setup didnt bring my bars back much but they have a much better feel. I think they are just stock Sporster bars. I have a thread posted somewhere here but have had a hell of a time navigating this site in the last couple of days so I wasnt able to locate it for you.

Very sweet FXD! The red and matched speedo housing is awesome!

Old 03-03-2010 | 06:52 PM
paddian
Stage III
Default Bad Boy Bars

I just purchased the bad boy handlebars thru JP Cycles. They are very comfortable if you like to reach a bit but being a little taller helps. Uses all stock hardware.

Old 03-03-2010 | 09:02 PM
BullyDog
Cruiser

Originally Posted by masplumber
Got 09 FXD, anybody change out bars or risers and keep speedo in same location? I want to just bring the bars back a couple inches, not up - recommendations?
Try using bars with more pullback. Check out wild one bars, or you can check out E Bay for stock take off bars. All kinds out there. You just have to measure how much pull back you want.

Old 03-03-2010 | 09:33 PM
Patsplace
Cruiser

I used 4" up and 1" pull-back risers for my Burly Drag bar, don't mine the vertical speedo (am putting a Rifle Roadster Fairing on and this will help anyway) Didn't like the vertical speedo until it was tightened down and now I like it.

Pat

Old 03-03-2010 | 10:26 PM
SURFOR Chop
Elite HDF Member

Would a (Sportster) "48" speedo bracket work with a 4" pull-back riser ... it seems to me it would not have angle up at the gauge so it would maintain the stock angle of the FXD if the angle of the riser changed due to the pull back ... if you follow me ....

http://www.ultimatemotorcycling.com/...cycle_Preview#

Old 03-04-2010 | 07:28 AM
petefwa
Road Captain

Fitting a set of XLX Sportster bars is one of the first things I did to my 07 FXD.

Attached Thumbnails Fxd handlebars or risers?-bike-and-whiteline-pics-005.jpg  

Quick Reply: Fxd handlebars or risers?