Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fatbob fork sliders

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 08:54 PM
Vinsil
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Fatbob fork sliders

I am curious about something and couldn't find the answer in a search (maybe I'm missing it?)

I was looking at my Street Bob's front wheel the other night, cause I was thinking about the 21" front wheel I want. The hub looks like you can bolt another disk to it. Now, would it be possible to get another disk, bolt it up, use fatbob sliders, and another caliper to have a dual disk setup for rather cheap? (Cheap meaning, some slider take offs, a new disk/maybe new or used caliper and master from a Fatbob?)

I know a few have done dual disk conversions on here using Vrod stuff and aftermarket parts, and the cost was substantial. Or, is this impossible?

Old 01-26-2010, 01:20 AM
worstpirate
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Vinsil
I am curious about something and couldn't find the answer in a search (maybe I'm missing it?)

I was looking at my Street Bob's front wheel the other night, cause I was thinking about the 21" front wheel I want. The hub looks like you can bolt another disk to it. Now, would it be possible to get another disk, bolt it up, use fatbob sliders, and another caliper to have a dual disk setup for rather cheap? (Cheap meaning, some slider take offs, a new disk/maybe new or used caliper and master from a Fatbob?)

I know a few have done dual disk conversions on here using Vrod stuff and aftermarket parts, and the cost was substantial. Or, is this impossible?
I think the biggest cost for either Fat Bob or the V-Rod is going to be the Brembo calipers. There will be something to overcome either way you go, with the Fat Bob lowers, you'll have to machine the caliper and the rotors won't fit correctly (from what I understand). The biggest challenge with the V-Rod lowers is the size difference. That could be fixed with $120 in fork tubes from a WG or by machining a spacer.

I am choosing to use the V-Rod lowers and the WG tubes. Instead of buying brembo calipers, I'm going to find a right Nissan caliper (2000-2007 touring, 2002-2005 V-Rod). You've already got the Street Bob, so you can add the second rotor and call it a day. I personally need to locate a Street Bob wheel and both rotors as part of my build.

Here is a link to the thread on using the Fat Bob lowers

Here is a link to the thread on using the V-Rod lowers and Brembo calipers

Here is a link to the thread on using the V-Rod lowers as cheaply as they could (this is the thread I'm using as my main reference)

Old 01-26-2010, 06:08 AM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

to me I am curious what the difference would be between a dual stock setup vs buying a 6 piston single caliper and a high end floating disc (or just using stock disc). cost would be less for just the 6 piston caliper than the dual disc conversion. The new rotor could bring the price up quite a bit. Something like the lyndall rotors are quite costly. One thing for sure, looks wise the 6 piston single with a bad azz rotor is sweet vs dual disc setup.

Old 01-26-2010, 11:56 AM
Vinsil
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

thanks for the links! It seems it is more work than just a bolt on setup..and the cost is still up there too. However, the link your using seems the most reasonable and what I had in mind cost wise when I first started to think of this.

Rounder....I actually prefer the looks of the single rotor too, maybe the six pot caliper might work pretty well. I'm not disappointed in my brakes really, I understand what they are but good brakes that become great brakes for not a ton of cash would be great.....

Last edited by Vinsil; 01-26-2010 at 12:03 PM.