Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 09 Street Bob

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 03:53 PM
jss1975snow
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hated the look of stock, ride up to Delaware and I'll help ya.

Old 01-21-2010, 05:02 PM
freedub2003
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default slammed

Here is a pic of mine with the road 6 custom hard struts on the rear, front forks slid up about an inch. Reflectors removed. New paint powder coat on forks and trees.

Last edited by freedub2003; 02-28-2012 at 04:26 AM.
Old 01-21-2010, 07:41 PM
tcabello
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on your bob...I think the bob's might be the most popular dynas...by the way, I removed the front fender on my scoot...loved the look...but couldn't keep it off...my bob is my daily driver and any little amount of water on the road is thrown up by the front wheel and all over you...if you only ride on nice days, no problem...if you ride alot you're definetely going to run into problems at some point...no way around it...just food for thought..

Old 01-21-2010, 07:41 PM
Karsten
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Don't forget a 2 inch tank lift, Relocate your front turn signals to the forks or triple tree, Strip the laquer clear off the aluminum lower forks and polish the @#$% out of them.

Little things like Axle Covers make a big difference on the overall appearance even though you almost have to point them out.

I also added a black fender rack and waiting for a warm day to spray my tank/front fender and add some vintage HD tank badges.

Humm, you could get rid of the little head light but I think your's looks just fine....Oh wait we haven't seen any pictures yet....But I am sure the head ight is just fine

Karsten

Old 01-21-2010, 09:01 PM
Vinsil
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dropped mine in the rear 1", getting ready to dump the front.

Thinking about the tank lift, I'm 50/50 on them really.

But a 21" front wheel is on my list for sure, maybe wide glide trees. Painting my sliders black as well to match the axle covers.

Old 01-21-2010, 09:24 PM
Voony
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bone11B
X3 PICS!!!

Everyone starts somewhere, Sounds like a good start.
Hey dude I would like to see pics of the rear of your bike please And I would like to know what you did with the rear taillight (how you removed it, slammed the fender, etc.).

I would REALLY appreciate that!

Old 01-21-2010, 09:28 PM
DMV11982
Cruiser

Finally some pics! Ok, let me run down what all I have done so far. 2 inch Jakyll tank lift, removed reflectors, removed front fender (will probably put that back on because I do ride it a lot), I have Vance and Hines Slip ons, and a few Willie G skulls.

I just got a dremel today, so I am thinking about chopping the rear fender, but I want to be able to hold a 2 up in case my wife wants to ride with me. I want to remove my heat shields and spray them black, same with my slip ons.

Things I want to do but will need help with is:
Re locating front turn signals, relocating rear turn sigs and hooking it up with the mod where the blinkers serve as your rear light, lowering my forks, and eventually getting some VH Big Radius and doing a stage 1. I know it is a lot..Last year i rode it all year, now I want to make it mine!!

Dont mind the garage mess, we just bought the house!!

Old 01-22-2010, 06:32 AM
Voony
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by DMV11982
Finally some pics! Ok, let me run down what all I have done so far. 2 inch Jakyll tank lift, removed reflectors, removed front fender (will probably put that back on because I do ride it a lot), I have Vance and Hines Slip ons, and a few Willie G skulls.

I just got a dremel today, so I am thinking about chopping the rear fender, but I want to be able to hold a 2 up in case my wife wants to ride with me. I want to remove my heat shields and spray them black, same with my slip ons.

Things I want to do but will need help with is:
Re locating front turn signals, relocating rear turn sigs and hooking it up with the mod where the blinkers serve as your rear light, lowering my forks, and eventually getting some VH Big Radius and doing a stage 1. I know it is a lot..Last year i rode it all year, now I want to make it mine!!

Dont mind the garage mess, we just bought the house!!
Wahoo looks good!

Without the license place it looks like the rear fender is shorter than usual on the stocks.....what did you do with what was left of the thingie on which the license plate was originally mounted on? Did you remove everything so that it will look clean?

I really love the look of these pipes. I've heard they sound good do they really?

Thanks for the pics.

Old 01-22-2010, 08:59 AM
DMV11982
Cruiser

The pipes sound great!! As far as the license plate bracket, I just got a dremel and that is going to be my first project with it.

Old 01-22-2010, 11:06 AM
Voony
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by DMV11982
The pipes sound great!! As far as the license plate bracket, I just got a dremel and that is going to be my first project with it.
Ok. So does it leave something ugly then on the fender underneath the taillight? Could we get a closer picture on that part of your bike?

Quick Reply: My 09 Street Bob