Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power Commander III install

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 09:09 PM
AFblacksheep
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry so many questions I just dont have the PC III in my hand and I dont know what size it is. Thanks for the info I appreciate it.

Old 01-20-2010, 09:26 PM
drfalken
Cruiser

I too had trouble installing mine but once i got it it does fit like a glove. Got lots of good advice here which helped me.
I'll try to take a pic tomorrow if i get time and post it.

Old 01-20-2010, 09:29 PM
AFblacksheep
Cruiser

Thanks this what you got to like about this site the help you get.

Old 01-21-2010, 04:43 PM
SuperFastGlide
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

heres the pic i promised, as you can see i brought the main power commander cable up and over then slid the unit sideways down against the battery.. this way, i have enough cable slack to pull it out and lay it up top if i want to load a map or something.. when i installed it i had to rearrange the wires under the seat to give room on the battery side... hope this helps..
SFG

Old 01-21-2010, 05:14 PM
cornishman
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My PC111 is under the seat, at the top facing me so any adjustments are/would be easy. To aid the install i removed all the cable and wiring block ties so that i could shuffle things around and create a little more space. Mines has the alarm in there as well so space is tight, but with a little patience it will go.

Old 01-21-2010, 05:18 PM
Lyle_O
Intermediate
Default pcIII

I know that when I did mine, I basically moved things around just to get it in there. This spring, I'm going to remove the battery like many have said on this forum, and try to get it in there a little better so that it isn't just crammed in there. My suggestion would be to remove the battery while installing it.

Old 01-21-2010, 09:09 PM
AFblacksheep
Cruiser

SFG thanks for the pic and the advice from you and everybody else this will help out alot and hopefully make the install easier.

Old 01-22-2010, 01:53 AM
TOMMAY
Stellar HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Yeah,the trick is to loosen all that bundle of wiring under the seat and pull it up and out of the way.. Install the PCIII vertically,not flat and then tuck the wiring back around it.

That is the corner of the PCIII sticking up next to the brass bolt in the center on the battery side of the bike.

Old 01-22-2010, 02:47 AM
unskilled
Advanced

Mine is facing up, right under the seat. I also have the stock alarm in there and that extra alarm module sure made it a lot tougher.
I would also suggest you remove the battery box.
The ECU to PCIII connector went where the manual suggests, I then pushed the alarm module underneath that ECU/PC connector (tight fit). After that I cut off some cable/wire ties to give the cables some more slack. Then it's just a question of patience and time to get it all in there. Be sure to check regularly to see if both side covers (battery and other side) still fit... Had to take it all out once because the battery box wouldn't fit anymore.
In the end I was just happy it all got in there...So it is possible.

I still have to go out and do a test drive to see if the PCIII made any difference, it sure does sound better with it connected, I have the V&H slip-ons with silent mufflers & AN big sucker).

Old 01-22-2010, 02:21 PM
cornishman
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by unskilled
Mine is facing up, right under the seat. I also have the stock alarm in there and that extra alarm module sure made it a lot tougher.
I would also suggest you remove the battery box.
The ECU to PCIII connector went where the manual suggests, I then pushed the alarm module underneath that ECU/PC connector (tight fit). After that I cut off some cable/wire ties to give the cables some more slack. Then it's just a question of patience and time to get it all in there. Be sure to check regularly to see if both side covers (battery and other side) still fit... Had to take it all out once because the battery box wouldn't fit anymore.
In the end I was just happy it all got in there...So it is possible.

I still have to go out and do a test drive to see if the PCIII made any difference, it sure does sound better with it connected, I have the V&H slip-ons with silent mufflers & AN big sucker).
If you have the correct map....which may require dyno time ..... the PC111,with the pipes and filter will bring your bike alive.

Quick Reply: Power Commander III install