Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bulb Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 03:59 PM
Baeseman1
Elite HDF Member
Received 99 Likes on 78 Posts

Welcome to the club. A few of us had a bear of a time getting the original outer trim ring off. That little screw on the bottom? I threw mine away after I got it out.

With that screw out, set the light bucket between your legs so the glass is facing you. The chrome trim ring around the outermost edge of the glass is threaded on there - tight. It might take some good finger strength, but turn it counter-clockwise.

Once that outer trim ring is out, you'll see an inner ring that has little holes drilled in it. You can use a flat blade screwdriver to push/tap that ring counterclockwise. Once that inner ring is out - tip the bucket over and the glass will fall in your hand.

When I put the chrome ring back on, I just snugged it up so it isn't so hard to get back off.

Let us know how you made out.

Old 02-01-2010, 04:28 PM
speedkills
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks much for the tip on unscrewing that metal ring! man that was tight! took the old lamp housing out of the stock headlight and it fits in their perfectly and looks much better just have to figure out that crazy hid conversion kit, so many wires, haha. now i gotta get ready for work and leave my mess on the living room floor, haha.

thanks again!!!
brian

Old 02-01-2010, 05:20 PM
Baeseman1
Elite HDF Member
Received 99 Likes on 78 Posts

Glad you got it out. I agree, the stock HD glass looks better and I never even fired up the glass that came with the new light. You're on your own with the HID conversion, that's virgin territory in my garage...

Old 02-07-2010, 12:39 AM
speedkills
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

here's a pic of the headlight casing on the '10 wide glide. i've yet to bother with the hid conversion... too complicated for my little mind, so instead of letting the bike just sit without a headlamp till i figure it out (or find someone who can) i stuck with the normal bulb in the new headlamp casing. thanks for the tips Baseman!!

brian

Attached Thumbnails Bulb Upgrade-dsc02615.jpg