Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Solo Seat Question

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 10:06 AM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Looks are a factor but which look are you going for? The more padding, the more comfort, but a completely different look than a low profile. Low profile gives it a more slammed look but you will sacrifice some comfort. I've had a streetbob stock solo - looks okay but not comfortable for the amount of foam it has in it. I got the Lepera barebones and it looks great, if that's the look you want, but wasn't comfortable at all after about 45 minutes of riding. I now have the Mustang Tripper Solo and for me it's a good compromise between looks and comfort. Still not a long ride touring seat but I can go much longer on it than I could the barebones.

Old 01-19-2010, 10:15 AM
BugDr
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SuperglideKen
Yea, if your going to be going back and fourth then get the HD thumb screw. It looks better and has HD in the center and of course it's $25 just for a screw but it's a nice screw.
+1 on the HD thumb screw. The dealer threw one in when I bought my 2009 SB, and it has been great, as I take off the seat each time I come in to hook up the battery tender. I will also vote for the Mustang seat, they are the most comfortable seat that I have experienced.

Old 01-19-2010, 10:29 AM
Karsten
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by domenicp7
"You may want to buy a Fender Rack or Fender Bib to cover the rear and fill the mount when riding Solo."

Any good vendor's for a Fender Bib?
Mustang makes good off the shelf Leather Bibs with a padded backing to protect the paint. You may also find a few Custom Leather people making them to order as well.

Check Ebay for HD Fender Bibs.

Karsten

Old 01-19-2010, 01:05 PM
godjunior
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks a millions friends for all the great information. Now I'll get to shopping for the Mustang Seat since I am more interested in comfort than looks at this point since I ride almost 10000 km a year even if we have lousy weather around here.

Thanks again for all the information.

Old 01-19-2010, 04:41 PM
Taddeoeg
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Anyone have a pic of a Mustang Wide Vintage solo on a Street Bob? Love the look of the LePera but not the feel. Vintage solo above looks pretty good, but they don't accept the backrest which I'd like to have for distance trips. Just afraid the Wide will be, well too wide.
thanks

Old 01-19-2010, 05:04 PM
Muddyape
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mustang Vintage is certainly comfy, but I love my Barebones. Not for very long though.

Old 01-19-2010, 06:06 PM
Bill10256
Cruiser

Anyone have a pic of a Mustang Wide Vintage solo on a Street Bob? Love the look of the LePera but not the feel. Vintage solo above looks pretty good, but they don't accept the backrest which I'd like to have for distance trips. Just afraid the Wide will be, well too wide.
thanks
I dont have a Street Bob, but here's my Fat Bob with a Wide Vintage with back rest and passenger seat. This is very comfortable for me.

I need to find the links to my older posts. Seems I'm always posting these when I see the Mustang seat question out there, so if you've seen these before, sorry!

Attached Thumbnails Solo Seat Question-p1010308.jpg   Solo Seat Question-p1010319.jpg   Solo Seat Question-p1010324.jpg   Solo Seat Question-p1010313.jpg  
Old 01-21-2010, 08:24 PM
Hooker 6
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got a Mustang Vintage solo, easy to install, thumbscrew and no new hole. Added Motherwell rack and lay down license plate. Looks nice.
Originally Posted by godjunior
Thanks a millions friends for all the great information. Now I'll get to shopping for the Mustang Seat since I am more interested in comfort than looks at this point since I ride almost 10000 km a year even if we have lousy weather around here.

Thanks again for all the information.

Old 01-21-2010, 08:59 PM
ackman1968
Elite HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Surprised no one mentioned it but to make swapping seats as easy as changing your underwear just throw the worthless grab strap in the trash can! I don't have the thumb screw and I can swap my seat in seconds. It probably helps that I have the other seat and a screw drive on a bench right next to where I park the bike.

Old 01-22-2010, 10:27 AM
Lorance66
Road Master

My bike came with a 2up seat and I found that underneath there the hole for the solo seat bolt was already there, however the blind nut was not. You may have to go to HD and pick one up but they are cheap.

Quick Reply: Solo Seat Question