Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I think I've rediscovered my street bobber!

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 12:06 PM
AdrianVall
Elite HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts
Default I think I've rediscovered my street bobber!

Well guys, I hate to say this, but riding as of late has just become a thing that I HAVE to do, since having 2 motorcycles are my only means of transportation. I've started to grow bored of riding, and the last couple/few months, I've not taken any trips or done any kind of riding outside of work transports.

Well, yesterday was a decent day to go riding. My girl went to the dentist with my mom, and that left me and the old man to do something. SOOO, its been a while since we've rode together, so I suggested we go riding. I met him at his house and off we went.

Man oh man...... that must have been the BEST decision I've made in a while. It was just AMAZING!! We rode up 95 for about 40 miles to get to Treasure Coast Harley. The wind was behind us, VERY little resistance. Doing 80 felt like nothing. Had one hand up, and was RELAXING. I was in a complete and total state of relaxation, which I had not felt in a very long time. Then we took US-1 and A1A along the beach all the way back.

Although it wasn't a very long ride, it was the most amazing ride I think I've had ever, or at least in a long time. We rode a total of 100 miles. Me and my dad had a great time. Just so happened to be customer appreciation day and Teasure Coast harley, so we got a free BBQ which was amazing. Hot girls were washing some scoots with very little clothing, some 14 year old kids had a band playing, which wasn't all that great but it was cool seeing kids play. It was a great time to be had, although it wasn't a long ride.

Best thing about this all, was that the bike rode INCREDIBLY! She was so smooth. It was like she was thanking me for giving her a nice ride since its been such a long time. LOL.

Anyway, thanks for listening. Just figured I'd share. I don't usually make post like this, but I figured I'd let it out.

Oh, and no pictures. Didn't bring the camera. Forgot it at home of course. BLAH.

Last edited by AdrianVall; 01-17-2010 at 12:12 PM.
Old 01-17-2010, 12:13 PM
jshull
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

amen brotha!!!!! i cannot wait to rip out in mine as soon as possible. you should just feel very lucky you can ride year round.

Old 01-17-2010, 12:13 PM
freedub2003
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think it is awesome for two reasons. 1; you get to ride with your dad, 2; you enjoyed it so much that it was therapeutic.

Old 01-17-2010, 12:17 PM
AdrianVall
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by freedub2003
I think it is awesome for two reasons. 1; you get to ride with your dad, 2; you enjoyed it so much that it was therapeutic.
It was EXTREMELY therapeutic. I've had a lot of stuff on my mind lately, and that all went away during that ride. It was very nice.

Old 01-17-2010, 12:30 PM
Jutdees
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 30 mile one way commute to work everyday with a twisty canyon option. I rode to work a couple days one week and decided that I couldnever do that everyday. I have to keep them separate. One is something I have to do and one is something I get to do. I can't associate my ride with my work. Just my 2.

Old 01-17-2010, 01:00 PM
AdrianVall
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Jutdees
I have a 30 mile one way commute to work everyday with a twisty canyon option. I rode to work a couple days one week and decided that I couldnever do that everyday. I have to keep them separate. One is something I have to do and one is something I get to do. I can't associate my ride with my work. Just my 2.
I completely agree! You couldn't be any more right. But unfortunately, I don't have any other option.. so its something that has to be done, which is why I've felt the way I've felt about riding lately.

Old 01-17-2010, 01:04 PM
karlkcfi
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

For me it is the days that I dont get to ride to work that become a bummer.
Everything feels off until I get back on my scoot.
It clears my mind and sooths my soul.

Old 01-17-2010, 01:53 PM
jss1975snow
Cruiser

I love going 80! So smooth.

Old 01-17-2010, 02:27 PM
cornishman
Road Master

Glad you both had a good one. Sometimes the less the planning the better the trip, dunno why just seems that way.

Old 01-17-2010, 04:33 PM
AdrianVall
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by cornishman
Glad you both had a good one. Sometimes the less the planning the better the trip, dunno why just seems that way.
Maybe your right. Every trip that I've had completely planned out to every detail hasn't been as good. This one was pretty much, "lets go riding!" and were on the bikes type deal.

Quick Reply: I think I've rediscovered my street bobber!