Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cobra Speedster Q's

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 10:28 PM
ske
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cobra Speedster Q's

I'm finally getting serious about a set of after market pipes and am leaning towards the Cobra Speedster Slashdowns. A close second is the V&H Big Shots Staggered. These pipes look very much alike except the Cobra's are a little longer and completely hide the rear axle nut. My one concern is from Cobra's site they show a set of them on a 07 Wide Glide and it looks like the rear pipe completely blocks the crankcase dipstick/fill opening. Not sure if the longer pipe is worth the hassle of dealing with this all the time. Would love to hear from others with these pipes. Also do the V&H's allow better access? I'll be putting them on an 08 Wide Glide. Thanks

Old 01-15-2010, 10:44 PM
ackman1968
Elite HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Looks like 100% blockage to me. It would be enough to make me pass on them but it would still be worth a call to them for an answer.

Old 01-17-2010, 12:33 AM
ske
Novice

Is there nobody out there with a set of these pipes or the V&H's that cares to comment.

Old 01-17-2010, 02:27 PM
JimmysFXDC
Road Master

I have the Speedster Slashdowns. LOVE 'EM! As for the dip stick, it is accesable but tight. The reason I got them was for the warranty, which I have used. First claim was for the chrome flaking off the tips (started claim at dealer) second claim was for the weld on the front flange cracking, while removing found that the heat shield lost a clamp bracket (started at Indy). They replaced all parts! The only problem I ran into was that both claims were started about a month apart and the defective parts were still on the bike, Cobra hadn't started a production run on the tips so there was a lag time. After it's all said and done, getting dealer, Indy and Cobra on the same page, my bike was only down a week and a half due to shipping. All in all, I'm very satisfied wtih their product and if I decide to go with a 2-1 I WILL consider their system.

Old 01-17-2010, 04:00 PM
torchmaster
Road Warrior
Received 156 Likes on 99 Posts

Looks like they cover the axle nut completly. That means removing the pipes at every tire change.To me that would be a pita. I have the BBS and love em. No problem with the dipstick at all!

Old 01-17-2010, 04:39 PM
Topspin
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by torchmaster
Looks like they cover the axle nut completly. That means removing the pipes at every tire change.To me that would be a pita. I have the BBS and love em. No problem with the dipstick at all!
I've had them both (BSS now, Cobra on my previous bike). Torchmaster is dead on.

Old 01-18-2010, 11:02 AM
JimmysFXDC
Road Master

Originally Posted by torchmaster

Easy solution: flip the axle around so the nut is on the exhaust side!

Old 01-19-2010, 11:44 PM
ske
Novice

I appreciate all the input. Topspin, since you've had them both how would you compare the sound and performance quality between the two?