Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Slip-on mufflers - SE vs. V&H vs. Python

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 07:44 AM
billycouldride
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

padutch,

did you use the rush 'cash for crap' promotion they have going on now?
i found a link on the rush homepage by dumb-luck and it worked out real nice.

i just picked up my bike yesterday (rush slash down slip-ons, 2.25 baffles, with stage I). i turned in my old pipes and was given 50.00 credit for them. i know if i took the old ones home they would have just collected dust in the basement somewhere.

my numbers were similiar to yours, 76 h.p. from 66 stock, torque went from 80 to 86. i was pleasantly suprised by that.

i am on the fence with the sound , they are alot louder than i expected. even riding home with a full-face helmet yesterday at times felt like i had a chainsaw somewhere in the helmet with me.

Last edited by billycouldride; 01-17-2010 at 07:47 AM.
Old 01-17-2010, 09:26 AM
Voony
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Chrome Werks slip ons sound bad *** as well I like the V&H Slip ons very much as well (from what I could tell on Youtube lol).

Is it better for the bike to get a full system of pipes vs slip ons? i.e. more power?

Old 01-17-2010, 10:57 AM
davedyna
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Ditto on Rush, 1.75 or 2" baffles are great on my Dyna. Any reason for not listing them as an option?

Old 01-17-2010, 02:35 PM
tonygret
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As you can tell by these posts everyone has an opinion on exhaust. The question is what are you looking to get out of it? My 06 Ultra had V&H slip ons that were basicaly 4 inch wide open pipes and it was deafining and on long rides annoying. I now have the Rush 1.75 slipons on my Dyna. They have just enough noise for me but do make a cheesy tin like noise at certain RPM ranges. No fuel or airfilter mods were needed with the Rush.

Old 01-17-2010, 02:50 PM
sibur
Tourer

I have Rush slipons with 2.25's, and they are loud.

Old 01-20-2010, 12:50 PM
jdhodel
Intermediate

Had the old SE-II, didn't like the sound. wasn't that "Harley Sound" i was looking for. got the V&H slipons and couldn't be happier. they are loud, but loud pipes save lives.

Old 11-11-2012, 10:26 AM
rckr5150
1st Gear
Cool Rush Slip-ons Vs. VH / Python Slip-ons

I installed the Vance and Hines Twin Slash Ovals on my 2009 Road Glide and the sound was like a rag was stuck up in there. So I drilled 2 additional holes in the baffle louvers, exactly the same size as the ones already drilled, and POW! these things came to life and sound freaking' amazing. Smoking loud when twisting the grip and a really nice low rumble at idle. If you have a Vance and Hines Fuelpak on your bike, you will need to call the VH Techs and they will give you a slight change on a couple parameters. Let me tell you, EVERYONE knows what the Twin Slash Ovals look like, but when other riders see these, they all ask what the hell are those, they look like Twin Slashes but they don't sound like Twin Slashes....

Anyway I too like the sound and performance of the Pythons and don't feel that the Rush (any 1.75, 2.00, 2.25 or 2.50) are ideal compared to the Pythons.

Old 09-28-2013, 05:07 PM
bobbyfatboyg
Advanced

Hi Everyone. Very helpful posts here. Thanks. My question is how loud are the V&H Slash 3" slip-ons "ar the rider's ear."??? 2011 Stage 1 filter FatBoy Softail.

I called V&H and he told me this model slip on without V&H quiet baffles option is approx. 98-102 dcbls. But, i believe that test is the EPA test scenario where noise read away from bike in syraight line from muffler tips, NOT at the rider's ears. MY concern is whether these humble slip-ons are damaging my hearing? I love the spund and don't really want to pop the Quiet Baffle s in, esp. as rhey say it drops only about 3dcbls. Thoights? Let's just say it's 100dcbl. tested. Does that mean like 90-95dcls. at rider's ear?

Old 09-28-2013, 05:43 PM
bdtaylor1979
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 228 Likes on 186 Posts

I like Vance & Hines with the standard baffles, they give you more of the rumble that Harleys are supposed to have.

Old 09-28-2013, 07:21 PM
iDodgimus
Road Master

wind noise on the highway is way louder to me than my V&H slips, that's what hurts after a long ride not the pipes

Quick Reply: Slip-on mufflers - SE vs. V&H vs. Python