Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Slip-on mufflers - SE vs. V&H vs. Python

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 03:25 PM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,866 Likes on 2,429 Posts

I have SuperTrapp slip-on mufflers on my Dyna. They are almost identical in appearance to the stock tapered mufflers, but have their stacking baffles inside, so you can tune them to give the sound you want.

Old 01-14-2010, 04:04 PM
jaysonL
Elite HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

of the three you asked about . I'd go with the Vance and Hines . I have them , they are great .

Old 01-14-2010, 04:09 PM
JT-FXDL
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have Python 3 slip-ons (which are made by Vance & Hines) installed by my dealer for $200 when I bought my bike. I did this as a temporary but I like the sound so much that I'm keeping them. Great, throaty sound, very deep, and aggresive when you get on it. And I like the looks. I stopped by my wife's office one day (a medical building) and her whole department heard me coming from down the street... nobody could figure out what the rumble was until my wife siad, "That's just my husband on his Harley."

Old 01-14-2010, 04:30 PM
bqualls
Tourer

Originally Posted by JT-FXDL
I have Python 3 slip-ons (which are made by Vance & Hines) installed by my dealer for $200 when I bought my bike. I did this as a temporary but I like the sound so much that I'm keeping them. Great, throaty sound, very deep, and aggresive when you get on it. And I like the looks. I stopped by my wife's office one day (a medical building) and her whole department heard me coming from down the street... nobody could figure out what the rumble was until my wife siad, "That's just my husband on his Harley."
Slightly off topic, but my buddy has a Road King with Pythons. He came over to my house one morning. I was in the bathroom with my wife, which is located in the rear of our home, away from the street. My wife was drying her hair with the hair dryer on max. We both could hear my friend rumbling down the street over the hair dryer. Pythons are loud, but they also seem to have a low rumble that really projects. I've still got the stock mufflers on my bike, but plan to check out the Python line for my stage 1 upgrade. Didn't know that they are manufactured by V&H?

Old 01-14-2010, 05:19 PM
JT-FXDL
Road Captain

Originally Posted by bqualls
... Didn't know that they are manufactured by V&H?
The Most Popular models of Vance and Hines Mufflers

Posted at May 13, 2009 Tags: Vance and Hines Mufflers

Vance & Hines mufflers series is widely accepted by many bike lovers, among which the most popular models are Vance & Hines Straightshots HS Slip-On Mufflers, Python 3 ½” Slip-On Mufflers and Vance & Hines’ Turn-Down tip mufflers.

Old 01-14-2010, 06:42 PM
timbex
Intermediate

I have the V&H slip-ons and I think they are very loud. I definitely have the loudest pipes of all of my riding buddies and most have aftermarket exhaust. They are very easy to put on and look great. I also got mine from ebay for about $130.

Old 01-14-2010, 09:18 PM
gregbenner
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Aftermarket will be Loud.... for some, Loud is important. Not sure why, seems to be a harley thing.

I'd get the SE.

Originally Posted by PaDutch
I went to the dealer yesterday to check out a '07 FXD. It is very clean, 8k miles, factory alarm, and has several upgrades; detach w/s, Badlander seat, mid-rise sissy bar and pad, adj hi-way pegs, and some chrome covers, etc. Thinking of making an offer. It is stock performance, needs stage 1 intake/exhaust mods and a tuner. Sales guy says the SE slip-ons are pretty quiet, V&H or Python slip-ons will sound and run better. Opinions appreciated.

Old 01-14-2010, 09:31 PM
craftsmandave
Intermediate

Heres a pictures of my new Dyna Wide Glide Fender in my FXD and the mufflers. Cheap winter project.

Forward controls
vance and hines fuel pak
Hyper CHarger
Drag bars
some other cool stuff see if you can see

Attached Thumbnails Slip-on mufflers - SE vs. V&H vs. Python-img00311-20100114-0644.jpg  
Old 01-16-2010, 02:53 PM
PaDutch
Advanced

I bought the '07 FXD yesterday (Friday), picked it up today and rode it home in a cold rain. I had Rush 2" slip-ons, SE intake kit, and SE Super Tuner added. The Rush mufflers look good and sound good. Best of all is a big fat increase in RW torque and HP. Torque peak of 90 at 3750 rpm, vs. 76 stock. Have over 80 lb-ft from 2500 rpm to 5000 rpm. RW HP peak 77+ at 52000 rpm, vs. 65 stock, with 72 rw HP at 6000 rpm. I appreciate all the feedback from the forum. I'll post a photo after I get it cleaned up.

Old 01-16-2010, 08:06 PM
Man O'War
Road Captain
Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

I had V&H slip-ons on my Sportster and loved the sound. When I traded it in for the Dyna, I got the V&H BBS. Love the sound and looks.

Quick Reply: Slip-on mufflers - SE vs. V&H vs. Python