Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

advice on passenger seating for '09 street bob

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 07:58 PM
tcabello
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default advice on passenger seating for '09 street bob

I'd like some help on deciding what type of passenger pillion/seating I want to put on my '09 streetbob...I like the solo seat but on occasion want my wife to ride with me...when she does ride with me it is on short trips...I had one of those suction cup pillions but it eventually fell off one day...I don't know if I want to replace the suction cup pillion or perhaps go with a mustang fastback or harley sidekick custom...I want to preserve the curves of the bike so I'm not interested in large, two up seats...I like the way the fastback seat looks on Dynas but not sure how it will look with mini-apes...I would appreciate any opinions, advice and pictures...thanks...

Old 01-10-2010, 08:03 PM
Supergo
Cruiser

Go to the Mustang website. The Vintage seat allows for quick removal of the pasenger pillion. The seat itself is comfortable for me. but my girlfriend did not enjoy it after a 2 hour ride.

http://mustangseats.com/cart/index.p...roducts_id=250

Attached Thumbnails advice on passenger seating for '09 street bob-street-bob-021-medium-.jpg  

Last edited by Supergo; 01-10-2010 at 08:06 PM.
Old 01-10-2010, 08:21 PM
tcabello
Tourer

thanks..I do like it...my wife doesn't ride with me more than 30mins to an hour so this might work for her as well...

Old 01-10-2010, 08:25 PM
SPECIAL ED
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Easiest and best solution is to find a used Lowrider or Superglide Custom seat You can bolt it on with the hardware from your solo in maybe 5 min or get a second seat retaining nut and make it even easier.There's one for sale buried somewhere in the classified section let me see if I can find it
Bam https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...-takeoffs.html

Old 01-10-2010, 08:43 PM
Karsten
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I ran across this the other day and got all excited until I read where the suction cups wont stick to Flat or Denim paint.

http://www.buttybuddy.com/seat_application_fender.asp

Karsten

Old 01-10-2010, 09:04 PM
tcabello
Tourer

i'm fairly new to this forum and I had no idea that link existed...I haven't taken the time to browse through the website completely...thanks...lots of bargins there...will take my time and look through...

As for suction cup pillions...I'm not sure I want to go down that route again...very convinient but the suction cups leave a mark on the paint...at least the suction cups provided by phantom...plus I already lost one suction cup pillion not sure I want to lose another one again...

I wonder how the 09 streetbob would look with one of those old school pillions that go screwed fastened on to the rear fender???...

anyway thanks for the advice guys...apprecaite the time...

Old 01-10-2010, 10:16 PM
toastman
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

hey man, interesting you say that about the suction cups.

i've been looking into this because i'm in the same boat as you.

my girlfriend loves getting on the bike for short blasts (half hour to the beach, an hour cruising the highway) that sort of ****.

i was gonna get a suction cup pillion and asked a few people about them. everyone i've asked said they don't leave any marks in the paint.

what kind of marks did you get? swirl marks, scratches, anything that couldn't be waxed out?

Old 01-10-2010, 10:25 PM
tcabello
Tourer

at least one suction cup left a noticeable swirl mark on the fender...I tried waxing it out but it didn't come out...by the way I had an accident and the rear fender was replaced...the phantom pillion left marks on both rear fenders (old and new rear fender)...with that said I may still get a new one...I just can't seem to find something else I like...I don't like the big bulky pillions and i'm not sure I want to go to a two up seat...plus the suction cup pillions also seem to be the cheapest option...

Old 01-15-2010, 01:46 PM
grayghost
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm running into the same problem as you. My daughter wants to ride but I don't want to go to a full 2 up seat. Unfortunately comfort and looks don't seem to go together.

Old 01-15-2010, 07:54 PM
tcabello
Tourer

I hear you ghost...I'm considering either the sidekick custom or badlander...I think these seats might preserve the look of they bike and still give me the option for a passanger...hard to tell...I live in a small town so I can't go to my local dealership and see how these seats look...I like these seats on dynas without apes but I want to see a dyna with mini apes and this two up seats...just gotta keep looking...good luck...

Quick Reply: advice on passenger seating for '09 street bob