Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Unsprung weight- curious

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 03:11 PM
Jay Risk
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default a first rate answer

Originally Posted by jims79flh
What other options do we have for lite wheels? I would perfer not to have Spoked wheels. I dont think that they would hold up to the riding I do (live on a dirt rode with big holes and have been know to run 80mph down it if I get pi**ed or late). I have been thinking of a Sport Bike / Buel front end.

Sorry to Hi-Jack your thread
If you're looking for a sport bike front end- inverted forks, dual front brakes, adjustable forks, the works....and if you'd like to add carbon fiber wheels instead of spoked wheels, check out MotorcycleMetal.com The Dyna front end I drool over is on the link "inverted front ends", I believe. The whole site is great to look over, though. Jay

Old 01-20-2010, 04:54 PM
Kytann
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay Risk
If you're looking for a sport bike front end- inverted forks, dual front brakes, adjustable forks, the works....and if you'd like to add carbon fiber wheels instead of spoked wheels, check out MotorcycleMetal.com The Dyna front end I drool over is on the link "inverted front ends", I believe. The whole site is great to look over, though. Jay
Isn't that still in the development phase? I don't remember seeing any price tags or anything

Old 01-20-2010, 05:07 PM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,864 Likes on 2,428 Posts

Originally Posted by Kytann
Isn't that still in the development phase? I don't remember seeing any price tags or anything
Sometimes it is better not to know such things! Phone Howard at MM, he is very helpful and will freely give advise. Mention you are a member of HDF.

Old 01-20-2010, 05:34 PM
Kytann
Cruiser

Originally Posted by grbrown
Sometimes it is better not to know such things! Phone Howard at MM, he is very helpful and will freely give advise. Mention you are a member of HDF.
Then again, if you have to ask you can't afford it.....

Old 01-21-2010, 08:11 AM
CountryPunk
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think that's more like it. Howard is very helpful and knows Everything about suspension/steering...but he doesn't sell bullshit. His parts are the real deal and that doesn't come cheap.

Old 01-21-2010, 11:50 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,864 Likes on 2,428 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by CountryPunk
I think that's more like it. Howard is very helpful and knows Everything about suspension/steering...but he doesn't sell bullshit. His parts are the real deal and that doesn't come cheap.
Agreed - I am already a customer!

Old 01-21-2010, 07:21 PM
Kytann
Cruiser

Originally Posted by CountryPunk
Saving up for a set of the Ohlins shocks myself.