Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Creative luggage ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2010 | 11:46 PM
OhioSkully
Club Member

cargo nets are the best $5 to $7 bucks you will spend i have strapped down all kinds of stuff from my leathers to helmets to a box with 4 dozen eggs in it for breakfast at chillicothe rodeo and didn't even break any eggs lol.

Old 01-11-2010 | 11:50 PM
toastman
Ultimate HDF Member

so if i'm reading you right, the net pretty much wraps under the bag and hooks back to the rack? kind of more like wrapping the bag in the cargo net rather than strapping it down with the cargo net...

yes? no?

Old 01-11-2010 | 11:54 PM
OhioSkully
Club Member

more of instead of putting the hooks right on your chrome luggage rack loop the hook thru like you were going to hook it on the luggage rack then bring the hook up and hook it on the cargo net.

When you first put it on you may have to hook it to the luggage rack then go to the other side and do what iam saying and then come back to the side that is hooked on the luggage rack and pull it tighter and hook it on the cargo net itself.

By doing this only thing on the luggage rack is some of the cargo net material. not the actuall plastic coated metal hook.

Old 01-11-2010 | 11:56 PM
OhioSkully
Club Member

if you look at my pic its hooked using the hooks to my sissy bar plate what i usually do is pull it on down thru then go up and hook onto the cargo netting. But i had just got my camera out of the bag that is why its like that in that pic.

Old 01-11-2010 | 11:56 PM
toastman
Ultimate HDF Member

i see what you're saying.

good stuff, thanks man.

Old 01-12-2010 | 12:10 AM
OhioSkully
Club Member

no problem man, i have had to come up with creative ways to haul even before i had the sissybar and just the seat the ticket then was the ***** max HOOKER goes under your seat and gives you 4 big rings to hook a cargo net to. Was the cats *** till i got my sissy bar. They cost about $20 to $25.

Old 01-12-2010 | 05:54 AM
Taddeoeg
|
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by '09fxdb
Cheap...Easily removed...Leather..meant for horses but???

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...#ht_2763wt_935
thanks 09fxdb. There are, of course, throwovers meant for bikes as well as horses. Generally guys running those put saddlebag standoff bars on to keep them off the moving parts and paint. I don't want to do that.

Old 01-12-2010 | 05:55 AM
Taddeoeg
|
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by archergodwin
JaronB mounted a smaller trunk on quick disconnect hardware for his Street Bob.... I'm not sure where one of his last pics are of it...... I'll have to search....

ah.... here's the thread...
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...er-your-s.html
Thanks archer. Thought about building some type of platform like that to mount to the Motherwell's. Glad to know someone has successfully done it.

Old 01-12-2010 | 05:58 AM
Taddeoeg
|
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by OhioSkully
no problem man, i have had to come up with creative ways to haul even before i had the sissybar and just the seat the ticket then was the ***** max HOOKER goes under your seat and gives you 4 big rings to hook a cargo net to. Was the cats *** till i got my sissy bar. They cost about $20 to $25.
My s/o is looking at that for her 2000 lowrider with stock two-up seat. Glad to hear a strong recommendation.
Thanks

Old 01-12-2010 | 06:42 AM
glideridemike
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Exavier22003
Here is a pic of my set up for a seven day Arkansas trip. Luggage rack and sissy bar with a $40 dollar jeep brand luggage bag. The bag held five days of clothes with my lap top and extra boots, with a little room to spare. On the plus side with having a solo seat, the bag acted as a back rest from my waist to my shoulders. By far the best set up ive had to day.
Best part of it the Bag came with a normal duffle bag extra and including bungee strap I had less than fifty bucks total in the set up.

Just my two bits that really worked out great for me.
Holyshit batman, looks like you're loaded for bear....lol

I always limit how much I tote on a trip to 3 days in the bag, 1 I'm wearing. There's always laundrymats along the way. I get small containers for hba stuff. Plus I take straps and a couple of cargo nets 'just in case'....

Here's my scoot up in the Smokeys.....thats a large T BagSwitchback bag. That might be an idea for ya. Hard liner inside, holds quite a bit inside, made to strap on the handlebars, or a luggage rack.

Last edited by glideridemike; 01-12-2010 at 06:55 AM.

Quick Reply: Creative luggage ideas?