Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Creative luggage ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2010 | 10:21 AM
Taddeoeg
|
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by archergodwin
Yeah.... sticker shock on new bags..... so.... build your own..
Yeah, suppose I could but I'm just not fired up about bags on the Bob. Even the QD style leave mounts behind so if I can totally avoid bags I'll be happiest.

Thanks

Old 01-11-2010 | 07:18 PM
glideridemike
Ultimate HDF Member

I bought this little sissy bar bag from a Yamaha shop-not a whole lot bigger than a large backpack but smaller than a T Bag. But it holds nearly as much, maybe because of the shape or something. Was only $75 out the door brand new. I just had the wife sew a HD patch over the Yamaha star....even has a handle that extends out with wheels on the bottom. The Material is identical to T Bag stuff. Came with a raincover too.

Old 01-11-2010 | 07:35 PM
Taddeoeg
|
Road Warrior

Thanks, mike but I'm not planning on a sissy bar or passenger pillion. Need something that I can lash to the Motherwell luggage rack. So far the GrandTour with its multiple tie down options and the good ol duffle with a cargo net look like the best options.

Old 01-11-2010 | 10:04 PM
'09fxdb
Tourer

Cheap...Easily removed...Leather..meant for horses but???

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...#ht_2763wt_935

Old 01-11-2010 | 10:12 PM
toastman
Ultimate HDF Member

i'd be worried about a cargo net scratching my paint, no?

i'm throwing the same ideas around in my head as i'll be doing a few overnight trips this summer and have NO storage options on my bob.

was thinking a sissybar and motherwell's rack, strap a duffle to the sissy and let it sit on the rack?

anyone have a pic of the cargo net set up?

Old 01-11-2010 | 11:31 PM
archergodwin
Elite HDF Member

JaronB mounted a smaller trunk on quick disconnect hardware for his Street Bob.... I'm not sure where one of his last pics are of it...... I'll have to search....

ah.... here's the thread...
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...er-your-s.html

Last edited by archergodwin; 01-11-2010 at 11:33 PM.
Old 01-11-2010 | 11:37 PM
Exavier22003
Advanced
Default Wally world luggage.

Here is a pic of my set up for a seven day Arkansas trip. Luggage rack and sissy bar with a $40 dollar jeep brand luggage bag. The bag held five days of clothes with my lap top and extra boots, with a little room to spare. On the plus side with having a solo seat, the bag acted as a back rest from my waist to my shoulders. By far the best set up ive had to day.
Best part of it the Bag came with a normal duffle bag extra and including bungee strap I had less than fifty bucks total in the set up.

Just my two bits that really worked out great for me.

Attached Thumbnails Creative luggage ideas?-arkansas-eureka-024.jpg  
Old 01-11-2010 | 11:39 PM
OhioSkully
Club Member

get the $6 cargo net the large one it will not scratch your paint if used correctly. Here is what you do

If you get the big one you set the bag on the luggage rack lay the net over top run the hook down thru the outside of the luggage rack and bring it back up hooking the hook on the net itself same on the other side.

And depending on the bag you get it may be big enough to use the whole net and your hooking to the luggage rack not anything painted. i have done this on my bike for long time even though i have a Tbag i still cargo net a duffle bag on every day for work with my lunch and jackets. Well now i got a bag this winter from craigslist that will do me for my sissybar luggage rack. ill see if i have any pics laying around of what i do on a daily trip to work.

Old 01-11-2010 | 11:42 PM
toastman
Ultimate HDF Member

thanks skully, something i'll have to look into

Old 01-11-2010 | 11:44 PM
OhioSkully
Club Member

this is what i do on the quick 40 mile ride to work everyday. Now if i was solo seat and luggage rack id get me a bag like this put some thin plywood in the bottom to keep it from sagging over the edge of the luggage rack and strap it on good to go. Only other option is to get a bag specificly designed for a luggage rack then you don't need to have the cargo net or anything it will have tie downs on the bag. That is what i just picked up off craigslist for $25 bucks but new from harley they are $100 and it will only hold half of what the $3 duffle bag in this pic that i found on clearence at walmart will hold.

Quick Reply: Creative luggage ideas?