Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Distance between bolts on Dyna forward controls?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 03:47 PM
ghostrider69
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by zrunnerz
So were the ones you posted the ones you used? I used them as a template. I can make another on for that side and move it forward a 1/4".
Yes, the ones in the pic are the ones that I used. For some reason you may have to carefully measure two or three times before you determine the proper bolt spacing. I don't see why there would be much difference between our bikes. You could make the plate, drill the front two holes and mount the plate to the frame and then hold the forward control bracket in the position that you want it with the shift linkage connected top it and mark the two rear holes then remove the plate and drill the rear holes.

Old 01-10-2010, 03:48 PM
FXD2003Rider
Administrator Emeritus

Received 874 Likes on 582 Posts

FXDRider - You have a Dyna, how do you have the bracket for the forward control shifter to go through?
The image I used in my previous post does not represent the shifter location on my Dyna....I found it using Google searching for a decent shifter rod image.

Currently I have the floorboard configuration from a Dyna FXDP:

I have a set of forwards waiting to be mounted as a "Winter mod"

If you want me to, I can take some shots of the fwd ctrl parts tomorrow and have them posted?

FXD2003Rider

Last edited by FXD2003Rider; 01-10-2010 at 03:51 PM.
Old 01-10-2010, 06:29 PM
zrunnerz
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ghostrider69
Yes, the ones in the pic are the ones that I used. For some reason you may have to carefully measure two or three times before you determine the proper bolt spacing. I don't see why there would be much difference between our bikes. You could make the plate, drill the front two holes and mount the plate to the frame and then hold the forward control bracket in the position that you want it with the shift linkage connected top it and mark the two rear holes then remove the plate and drill the rear holes.
I am surprised there are any changes betwen a 09 FXDC and 09 FXDB..lol The again I did not think the FATBob had a completely different frame. Thanks for the help, I will tweak it a bit and make it work, I have plenty of steel around.

Old 01-10-2010, 06:31 PM
zrunnerz
Cruiser

Originally Posted by FXD2003Rider
The image I used in my previous post does not represent the shifter location on my Dyna....I found it using Google searching for a decent shifter rod image.

Currently I have the floorboard configuration from a Dyna FXDP:

I have a set of forwards waiting to be mounted as a "Winter mod"

If you want me to, I can take some shots of the fwd ctrl parts tomorrow and have them posted?

FXD2003Rider
I really like the looks of these. I saw on page 1029 of the 09 VTwin catalog that they sell these for Dyna. They have one part number for 91-05 and then another part number for 06-10, but the 06-10 is no longer made. It says on the vtwin site to use the part number for the 91-05. You know of any concerns with that? I know my current forward controls from Harley are 91-09, so figured hte boards would work.

Old 01-11-2010, 01:21 PM
FXD2003Rider
Administrator Emeritus

I really like the looks of these. I saw on page 1029 of the 09 VTwin catalog that they sell these for Dyna. They have one part number for 91-05 and then another part number for 06-10, but the 06-10 is no longer made. It says on the vtwin site to use the part number for the 91-05. You know of any concerns with that? I know my current forward controls from Harley are 91-09, so figured hte boards would work.
The floorboards for Dyna's issue has been discussed in this part of the forum before. Follow these links and you'll find tons of info and pics...

In this thread started by (Puttnutt24) Dyna Footboards.......Review and Pix's you'll find info on the V-Twin boards.

Originally Posted by Puttnutt24
I just finished installing V-Twin Manufacturing Footboard Kit for '95 to present Dyna's. Overall I am very pleased with the outcome. I only have one complaint and because it's pretty huge, I'll wait to the end to share it.
Kit arrived in a well packed box. Fit, finish and quality was better then expected. I made a few modifications which I'll share but overall I was very pleased with the installation. I was alittle leary at first after reading "made in Tiwain" on the box. But like I said, the quality turned out to be very good.
I started on the shifter side. I made two pretty sizable changes, first, the heal toe shifter supplied in the kit was shelved. It is constructed so that you HAD to use the heal shifter to upshift because you could not fit your toe beneath the front shifter to shift. I used the stock shift lever and it worked great. I've always removed the heal shifter in the past anyway. The shift linkage that came in the kit was 10" long, and althought it was a nice polished piece, I utilized a 12" SS linkage I had laying around from a touring/softail bike. It turned out to be a better set up.
I then moved to the brake side and other then installing an additional shim in the brake arm to tighten things up, it went togeather real smooth. As you can see in the photo's, I used all polished chrome hardware. The hardware that came in the kit was polished stainless but still had the knurles and I prefer smooth.
Now, for the only complaint I have and it is kinda huge, probebly enough that I will remove the set up but I'm going to give it an honest shot before I make up my mind. The boards are to high. My knees are bent way more then I like but after I took it for a short test ride it didn't feels as bad as when I sat on the bike in my garage. This is my first Dyna and I've ridden nothing but Touring bikes and Fat Boys in the past and these boards are deffinitly higher then both those. So, if your a short legged kinda person, you'll love these. If your inseam is longer then say a 34", stick to your forward controls. I love footboards over both forwards and mids so I'll stick it out as long as possible.......................Rich

This thread FXDP Floorboard Kit on 06 Later Dyna gives info on boards like I have mounted.

FXD2003Rider

Old 01-11-2010, 01:33 PM
FXD2003Rider
Administrator Emeritus

zrunnerz,

Just to inform you: I have a search query running at Ebay for "shifter" and got a message on this auction for this shift linkage today (Jan. 11-2010):

FXD2003Rider

Old 01-17-2010, 07:52 AM
zrunnerz
Cruiser

These look pretty awesome on the Dyna. I found a set for sale for $300, but they are 91-05 and I have a 2009 FXDC. I checked the v-Twin catalog and they have 91-05 as one part number and then 2006 and up as another. When i checked the price online every where that sells vtwain parts says use the 91-05 part in place of the 2006 and up. So will these work for mine? I had mid's on my bike and i ahve swapped to forwards, but I think I really want the boards.

Old 01-17-2010, 08:26 AM
FXD2003Rider
Administrator Emeritus

These look pretty awesome on the Dyna. I found a set for sale for $300, but they are 91-05 and I have a 2009 FXDC. I checked the v-Twin catalog and they have 91-05 as one part number and then 2006 and up as another. When i checked the price online every where that sells vtwain parts says use the 91-05 part in place of the 2006 and up. So will these work for mine? I had mid's on my bike and i ahve swapped to forwards, but I think I really want the boards.
From what I've read I would say: yes, the 91-05 will fit....If you want to be sure I'd say shoot Puttnutt24 a PM and ask him!

FXD2003Rider