Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help finding a seat for 2000 superglide

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 05:28 AM
JohnnyBravo
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need help finding a seat for 2000 superglide

My old lady loves riding but hates the passenger seat on my 2000 superglide.....I would like to find the widest, plushest seat for her sweet azz so i can switch out the seat on longer rides....This is the all i can find.....http://www.harleyseats.com/Seat_D_Hitchhiker.htm ....I am not sure what year models might be interchangable. Any help would be much appreciated!!!!

Old 01-09-2010, 05:47 AM
FXD2003Rider
Administrator Emeritus
Veteran: Army
Received 876 Likes on 584 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnnyBravo
... I am not sure what year models might be interchangable....
It seems MoCo changed Dyna frames as of '06 models. (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...-in-seats.html)
My guess: seats for Dyna '99 -'05 models are interchangable.

FXD2003Rider

Old 01-11-2010, 03:35 PM
superrooster2003
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default other option

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Motor...Q5fMerchandise
works well nice quality quick on quick off fast shipping

Old 01-11-2010, 05:29 PM
BONES206
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Take a look at the lepera Maverick & Sorrento.
http://www.lepera.com

Old 01-11-2010, 10:03 PM
JohnnyBravo
Road Master

thanks for the replies.....i was thinking something a bit more over the top....something i could ride to key west on and not feel like my *** or hers is broken....lol....Im not too concerned with the looks. function is the key her as i will just switch out seat when my old lady isnt riding with me.

Old 01-12-2010, 07:55 AM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by FXD2003Rider
It seems MoCo changed Dyna frames as of '06 models. (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...-in-seats.html)
My guess: seats for Dyna '99 -'05 models are interchangable.

FXD2003Rider
04-05 have their own seats. The tank changed for efi in 04 and the mounting point for the front is different.
99-03 is the seat he will need.

OP the bar is a nice seat, seats are subjective, it's more about the pan and foam used than the thickness and width of the seat. I use a tripper solo and pillion, it is neither thick or wide. Does a great job on comfort with it's flat pan and great foam. Some prefer a molded pan that is not flat, I find those seats very uncomfortable. See it's subjective, I also can't stand wide fat seats either. I love the look of bones206's danny grey for a 2up seat. The fact is you don't need a big fat ugly seat to be comfortable, or maybe because of you and your wifes body type and personal comfort you do.

Last edited by rounder; 01-12-2010 at 07:59 AM.
Old 01-12-2010, 11:24 AM
JohnnyBravo
Road Master

Originally Posted by rounder
04-05 have their own seats. The tank changed for efi in 04 and the mounting point for the front is different.
99-03 is the seat he will need.

OP the bar is a nice seat, seats are subjective, it's more about the pan and foam used than the thickness and width of the seat. I use a tripper solo and pillion, it is neither thick or wide. Does a great job on comfort with it's flat pan and great foam. Some prefer a molded pan that is not flat, I find those seats very uncomfortable. See it's subjective, I also can't stand wide fat seats either. I love the look of bones206's danny grey for a 2up seat. The fact is you don't need a big fat ugly seat to be comfortable, or maybe because of you and your wifes body type and personal comfort you do.
I think part of the problem for her is that the passsenger pegs are higher than my mids which seems to shift all her weight onto her tailbone (imagine sitting on a street curb and how that forces you to sit on your tailbone). she has what I consider "The perfect Azz" so theres not alot of extra cushioning to be sitting on her tailbone....I can see how a flat pan would work for the operator (me) as i can move my feet from my highway pegs, back to my mids and such, allowing me to shift the weight to different pressure points on my Azz. She is stuck on her tail bone for the duration and is miserable after an hour or so!

Old 01-12-2010, 12:27 PM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 487 Likes on 355 Posts

96-03 is one seat and 04-05 is different. I really wanted a BAR enterprise hitchhiker seat. I called and sent e-mails over and over. Never got a response. Finally one friday at 7ish someone answered. I placed an order and paid for it over the phone. Weeks went by with no seat and no return calls. I finally got threw again and the lady said they don't have my info or order on file. I gave up. So no matter how nice there stuff is, there service was so distastefull I bought a Mustang seat.

Old 01-13-2010, 12:18 AM
JohnnyBravo
Road Master

Originally Posted by bikerlaw
96-03 is one seat and 04-05 is different. I really wanted a BAR enterprise hitchhiker seat. I called and sent e-mails over and over. Never got a response. Finally one friday at 7ish someone answered. I placed an order and paid for it over the phone. Weeks went by with no seat and no return calls. I finally got threw again and the lady said they don't have my info or order on file. I gave up. So no matter how nice there stuff is, there service was so distastefull I bought a Mustang seat.
well that sucks....I just got my bike back today from having 10" mini apes 1 1/4" diameter w/4" straight risers installed (Looks better than i thought)....The more i looked at the pillow top hitchhiker, the more i wanted it....